What's new

Under the Dome Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Junior is in big trouble now after he showed he could handle the crowd in the hospital! Not having read the book, or knowledge of the story, I will bet Big Jim isn't going to let the girl out of the bomb shelter to protect his reputation. I was hoping Barbie would tell the reporter the truth. But I guess this thread will keep going.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The bomb-shelter storyline is a creation of the TV series, so who knows where it's going. In the book:

Junior murders his girlfriend in the opening pages of the story, so she's hardly even present except as a dead body, and Junior's storyline is quite different. There is no bomb shelter.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Greg Kettell said:
Add Shawshank Redemption to the list of good King adaptations.

So far I'm finding this show to be watchable, but not great. I hate the idea of it going for more than a single season, though.
How could I forget that one! And The Green Mile too.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Malcolm. I was curious and looked at your spoiler, I am not a King reader, but who knows. Maybe I'll read the books. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed the opening episodes. But this episode dropped my interest. The reverend has lost it.The ending, Big Jim finding Angela, piqued my interest, except I think he's going to keep her caged to protect his image. And this is the storyline I specifically dislike.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought yesterday's episode was the best one since the premiere. The idea of the town thinking that Junior the off-his-rocker psychopath is a burgeoning hero was enjoyably twisted.I do think it was a mistake to do the epidemic story three days after the dome came down. I can buy them not having enough pharmaceuticals on hand for a large epidemic at a local clinic, but I highly doubt they would have been out of medical gloves in just three days.Big Jim's "What the fuck?" face at the very end was priceless.There's something about CBS shows, though, that they never feel very cinematic. The only one that comes close to breaking free of that for me is "Person of Interest".

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show keeps getting worse. It's to the point now where I feel like I want to keep watching just to see if it can top it's own stupidity (it always does).
Adam Lenhardt said:
Big Jim's "What the fuck?" face at the very end was priceless.
Dean Norris recently had some practice doing the "What the fuck" face (if you watch Breaking Bad you know what I mean).

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Every time I'm watching this show and Dean Norris comes on my wife says "Wait, I thought Breaking Bad starts on Aug 11th?"

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Greg Kettell said:
Add Shawshank Redemption to the list of good King adaptations.
The green mile too.

Shawshank is on many top 10 of all time lists. I consider it one of the few "pure" movies, I don't think there is a misstep in the whole thing. And yet many many viewers are surprised to learn that it's a Steven King joint. "But how can that be!?!" King may be a master of horror but he understands people.

Anyway, I never got started with the Dome series. Sounds pretty uneven. Was gonna buy the series on iTunes if that was possible, it's not on Hulu or anything yet right?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
While it wasn't a very good book, I always thought that 11/22/63 could make for a really good movie.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Sam Posten said:
Anyway, I never got started with the Dome series. Sounds pretty uneven. Was gonna buy the series on iTunes if that was possible, it's not on Hulu or anything yet right?
It's exclusive to Amazon Prime Streaming.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought I saw an advertisement during this weeks broadcast that you can preorder the Under The Dome season set blu ray!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Despite the big explosion, this episode felt like a whole lot of build up for the last few minutes. We established more background material on the characters, but so far none of that really means much.. maybe it will pay off later.

The effect over how different the ground was outside the dome vs. in was pretty nice.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Last Monday's episode was the best since the pilot, not that that's really saying much.
mattCR said:
The effect over how different the ground was outside the dome vs. in was pretty nice.
I really enjoyed the effects in the aftermath. The shot where the dome split the screen and you had untouched grass on one side and a scorched earth wasteland on the other side was very well executed.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
And today CBS announced it has been renewed for another batch of episodes next summer. So those hoping for a final resolution in a few more weeks are outta luck. Why do networks fail to realize that some stories need not be open-ended?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm struggling with the show. I was all in at the start. But the stories they're telling I don't enjoy. It might be a King thing; I haven't read his books in over 20 years and am not a horror fan so don't know if I wouldn't like the book. But I don't enjoy most of the sub-stories. Junior or the preacher come on screen and I want to change channels. The kids start their crotch-blocking seizure and I want to hit fast forward on the TiVo. And then they had to get the science wrong. We know the dome is transparent to light and heat (IR). The MOAB should have blinded those outside, and likely started fires. I was hoping for some basic self-consistency.It's a short season so I might stick it out in hopes that I do enjoy it overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks