What's new

Uncensored, uncut on Comedy Central (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Like the rest of cable, basic is not subject to FCC regulations and not limited by the "seven dirty words" rule. Theoretically they could drop the f-bomb left and right on Nickelodeon if they really wanted to without worrying about government objections or fines. So it is a matter of what the channel thinks it can get away with at a given hour with a given audience and with sufficient warning. Don't forget, they've also shown South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut unedited and the world did not come to an end.

Regards,

Joe

Oh, I wasn't complaining Joe. I was just pleasantly surprised.

I was unaware BASIC cable channels could get away with uncensored programming, regardless of warnings or late-night timeslots.

Good for those of us without PPV, HBO, etc.
Plus, I can watch it whenever with DVR.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I want to see "Revenge Of The Nerds" in the Secret Stash.

Imagine this sight at 2:30 AM on Comedy Central...

"We've got bush! WE'VE GOT BUSH!"
"Hairpie!"

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I think I'd bolt out of bed if I saw that.

StephenGencs

Agent
that is one of the many reasons why comedy central is the best televsion station on tv (network and cable)....

although we are the richest and most powerful country in the world, we still grasp on to our puritanical roots. nudity and language are NOT issues on tv in other countries, so why is it a big deal here? christian right? i would say so. they should get their heads out of their asses and worry about the real problems facing this country instead of who is saying what on tv, or oh my god did you see janet jacksons boob on the superbowl? it makes us look stupid and silly.

but comedy central is doing what it can to break these bonds, and i applaud them daily (show)!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
1st amendment. They can air whatever they want as long as it isn't obscene or slanderous or incites peopel to commit crimes. It's just a matter of what they can get sponsors for.

StephenGencs

Agent
"They can air whatever they want as long as it isn't obscene or slanderous"

"Uncle Fucker"
"Operation Get Behind The Darkies"

gotta love "AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!"

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There was a live F-bomb last night on FOX. During the Yankees/Red Sox game, one of the Sox (David Ortiz, I believe) struck out. I was at my friend's apartment watching the game, and after Ortiz struck out, my friend asked "Did he just say 'f***'?" I didn't hear it, so I said I didn't know. So he "rewound" on his DVR and, sure enough, the second time watching it, he definitely let out an audible F-bomb.

You would think after the Super Bowl halftime show, networks would start airing sporting events on a 5-7 second delay.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Even more surprising was the F-bomb that came out in a planned REPLAY of a team huddle in an NFL game a few weeks ago. Somewhere in the middle of the game, they showed the pre-game psych up huddle and you could clearly hear one of them say something like, "Let's get these mother f-ers". Ooops.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks