What's new

Unbreakable DVD (1 Viewer)

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
hi. i know this has proly already been talked about at some point.. but was anyone else REALLY displeased with the lack of extras on this disc? i mean granted it had about the basic elements.. but it just seems really bare to me.. ah well maybe its just me..
alien.gif

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I think that a commentary would have been nice, but other than that, I can't really think of much more that they could have done. I liked the featurettes that were on the disc, and the deleted scenes were really well done. I think that the intros should become standard fare-explaining why a scene was cut etc (Kevin Smith is also great for doing this). The one deleted scene in the amusement park was tenser than anything else in the film!
I would tend to agree though that it seemed to be marketed as having more than was actually there. Can't remember the audio tracks offhand, but was there really no room on one disc for all of this stuff? I think that 2 discs are a great idea if you need the space on one for better audio/video, but 2 discs for the sake of having 2 discs is just a waste...

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The video quality was top notch and the DTS-ES track
(unfortunately, the matrix version) was very good, so I'm glad they put the extras (what there was of them) on a second disc.
A SuperBits disc with supplements from Disney?? Who'd a thunk it?
biggrin.gif

Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
Thought the DVD was excellent. My only quibble was the lack of trailers. Did find it interesting that while Jackson was interviewed for the short, Willis was not. Since this is Willis's second film with Night, I would have thought he would have cooperated and possibly provided some insight into working with this director, who has give him a couple of solid hits recently.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I think I mentioned in a previous thread that I enjoyed the DVD but hardly thought it merited a two disc special edition. You could have fit everything onto one disc. In reality it had about as much extras as the Sixth Sense and that was all on one disc.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Well, this comes as a disappointment to me as I have just ordered this title! I was looking forward to going through all the extras that must be on that second disc! (I saw the movie through Netflix and they dont send you the second disc unless you rent it seperately).
Loved the movie though, so much so I still would have bought it without any extras! :)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Rob,
Don't get me wrong. I still love this DVD and you will too. Its just odd that it was a two disc set instead of one.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
You can thank the director for the lack of extras. I didn't think that it was to lackluster though there is still alot of things to go through. The reason for the 2 disc set is for the DTS soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks