What's new

Unanswered Questions at the movies (2 Viewers)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In addition to the already mentioned Ronin as well as Barton Fink, which no doubt led to Seven.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"The same thing Robert DeNiro is trying to find in "Ronin.""

Its been years since Ive seen this film.

At the end of the film when Deniro and Reno are in the cafe, you can hear on the radio that the protestants and catholics have come to some sort of agreement and have agreed to cease hostilities.

Made me think that maybe whatever was in the briefcase might have brought that about. After all its was important enough to kill for.

Just a thought.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Re: Ronin and "what's in the case"

DeNio answered about the case with the conversation with McElhone the last time we see her and at the end with Reno. He said it didn't matter what was in the case because it only existed to draw out Jonathan Pryce so he could be captured / killed. He was the leader keeping the conflict going and once he was eliminated, both sides were able to come to an agreement.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
??? I own a copy of that film and have seen it several times (although not in the last couple of years) and have absolutely no memory of such a conversation. Are you sure? Was that an alternate cut perhaps, or a deleted scene?

--
H

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
How does Andy Dufresne get a Ziploc bag?

He escapes from Shawshank in '66 I believe, according to the film's timeline. Ziploc wasn't even test-marketed until '68.

Re: Ronin and "what's in the case"

De Niro's dirty undies, "the whites"

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Yeah! And what's up with the big cups of soda where there's more ice compared to the drink?!:P

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
How can a time traveling being like a Time Lord be the last of his kind? He could just travel to a time and place where other Time Lords existed previously. Worse still, how could a non Time Lord say "I heard you are the last of the Time Lords". To a non Time Lord the concept is invalid as any version of any Time Lord may appear at any time. For these to be true implies that future actions affect past events such that there is no longer a Galifrey in any time in the current universe.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Conversely, the other Time Lords could simply travel to the time and place where he's supposedly the last one.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
In Cast Away, what was in the angel wing fedex box that Tom Hanks brought back with him after leaving the island and getting saved?

(I know Zemeckis jokes about this in the extras but I took that as a joke and not a plausible idea)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Garrett, I thought I remembered somewhere in the film Macy's character mentioning purchasing his own lots to get out from under his father-in-laws thumb.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was to finance the parking garage deal discussed in the meeting in his father-in-law's office where he tries to get the father-in-law to loan him the money, and the father-in-law and his adviser turn Macy down and then try to steal the deal from him.

Brian D H

Second Unit

This has been covered many times. Forgive me if it's rather lame, I'm just relaying the info and I may be foggy in the details. Time Lords (and time travellers in general) cannot alter their own time lines. In other words, they cannot create paradox. Doing so will create rip in the fabric of time allowing all sorts of nasty pan-dimensional beings to come in and erase (ie: eat) the paradoxical time-line and it's inhabitants (or not, at the whim of the writers). The Doctor even mentioned that the only way he can interact with his own Timeline was to do "Cheap parlor tricks" - nothing of any substance to actually effect change. Since all Time Lords are now destroyed and none of them can go back and alter their own timelines, they cannot change this fact. Sure, the Doctor can go somewhere in time and meet another Time Lord, but he could not tell that Time Lord anything about Galifrey's ultimate demise because that would create Paradox. IMO a Paradox WAS created and that may be what the "Time War" actually was. If that is truly what resulted in the destruction of the Time Lords you wouldn't want to risk messing with it for fear of obliterating everything.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich

That answer you can figure out for yourself. It's the one spot in the apartment that Harry doesn't think of looking.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
How about Transformers: What the heck ever happened to Barricade (the police car)? He's driving along the freeway with everyone, right before the Optimus Prime / Bonecrusher fight, and then he's never seen again in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks