What's new

(un)Official Meeting Place for Cincinnati HTF Members (1 Viewer)

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Ok guys:
My wife has given me permission to host the next meeting.
We haven't talked about a date yet but I'll get to that this weekend.
I thought I put out a proposed agenda for the meet and get comments. This is really really a first pass and PLEASE give me comments or other suggestions.
My system is not up to par with Alan's but I think we'll still have fun!
AGENDA:
1.Introductions
2.Play music - say everyone bring 1 track you really want to hear. Experiment with different settings on the 45 TX.
3. Show calibration on 45 TX and MCACC capabilities.
4. Someone bring Avia or video essentials and practice calibrating my TV
5. Pizza and lots of Beer
6. Watch a few movie clips to see if we can say mine still needs professionally calibrated - I'm sure it will after ALan's results.
6. Watch one Movie we all pick out before hand. What do you all say we make suggestions on the one we want to watch and the most votes win!
7. Adjourn
Couple of things my room comfortably seats 7 and we can get 9 in there if you sit on the two ottomans. Any more than that and some will have to sit on the floor.
My wife has allergies and doesn't allow smoking in the house. But, we have a great big beautiful deck for you guys who will need a break.:)
I would like to see if we can get LaMarcus maybe to tote that sub down here again just to see what I'm missing.
I'll tell my wife to leave and put china away.
Mike
Toshiba 57HDX82
Pioneer 45TX
Toshiba DVD
RCA Junk CD Player
JVC SVHS
Paradigm Studio 40s FL, FR
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio ADPs, Surrounds
Definitive Pro 100 sub

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Cool beans man.
I suggests every 3 to 4 months we have a HTF meeting. Because by the time it's my turn to host I should have my front projector :D. But when ever your ready Mike, the SVS is a great travel companion:D.:emoji_thumbsup:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Just got back from spring break, I can't wait to go to my first HTF meet! Hopefully it'll be before Miami lets out on May 2...;) Damn the weather that postponed Alan's meet...

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'll keep an eye out for the date.

To be honest, I'll probably never host a meet at my house, simply because my equipment is pitiful.

Although, if everyone gets reeeeeaaallly drunk beforehand, maybe they won't notice! Nah, it'd just be shaky and pitiful.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Brian:

I think we all feel that way after viewing and hearing Alan's system!

Still researching a date, we'll shoot for April so you all can come form Miami!

Mike

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
So, should we start a new thread for the next meet. Mike since you volunteered to host maybe you should start a new thread. I would like to host the next meet after that. Is there any way we should determine who will host future meets. I don't wanna step on any toes or anything like that.:frowning:

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
LaMarcus:
I did volunteer but have no problem if you would like to do the next one.
Paper/rock/sissors....................:)
I'm still trying to corner my wifey on some dates.
Love your enthusiam !
As for a new thread - what would we call it?
UCHTFMeet 2
And what did you think of the agenda if its at my place?
Mike

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Hey, I have no problem hosting at any date. But, I can wait my turn. It would probably be good for me to host before we go to other theaters that are more outstanding than mine:D, So we don't feel like we're missing something. I know one thing, you guys have me really wanting to get those paradigm's, they aren't too expensive either. Quality vs price is really good. I wish I would have considered them before I bought my jbl's.
But your agenda sounds pretty good, I'm for it.:emoji_thumbsup: Only problem I see is being able to actually watch a movie. By the time we get through viewing movie clips, attempting to watch a movie would probably take us till 4 in the morning. If we've learned anything from the experience at Allan's house, we know the time will just fly by.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to the next Meet!!

BTW, I'm getting ready to purchase a 25-39PCi SVS to add to my present system. I'll bet the SVS - PW-2200 combo will sound fantastic!! Thanks for the listen, LaMarcus!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
No problem Allan.
I'd like to see what the dual svs combo sounds like. Next meet will have to have both going. When ever we have it at my house, Allan your going to HAVE to give me the same treatment I gave you by bringing your svs. I want to see if I need another one (leaning towards needing one right now).:D

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Alan, LaMarcus:

Ok I looking for your advise and I'll know you guys will give it.

I have a chance to buy a good used Adcom 200 WPC amp (2 channel)for my HT for $400. Have to decide soon.

I also have been offered to get a new Elite M-10X (70 WPC) for $299 from our local dealer or I could buy a Harmon Kardon from JandR for $250 (100 WPC).

If I bought the Elite or the HK - I was planning on bi-amping the 40s. If I buy the Adcom - I would just use it to run the 40s.

In testing this weekend, I was able to get to 102 db average with 107 peaks with the Pioneer 45 TX at 0 db.

This was very loud and I would not play there often. But, you'll remember in Alans room the other night we were at over 105 db average if I remember right.

The case on the 45 got very hot - maybe 115 degrees but the sound was good and clean and it didn't shutdown.But, I don't know if the receiver could handle these levels realistically.

So which amp should I go with or should I just invest $549 in a new SVS sub and be satisfied with my present amplification?

Mike

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I probably won't be ready for next meet, but I am planning on buying either dual 20-39 PC+ subs or dual Ultra subs from SVS. It's either those, or make a house payment to two. I think I'll go with the subs! :D Maybe I'll have them by the time LaMarcus hosts a meet.
See you guys whenever!

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Mike,

I would go with the Adcom!! That way you could use your VSX-45TX for the rest of your speakers, and since you won't be pushing the mains, it should help!!

I'm anxious to hear my Paradigm/SVS sub combo!!

Good to hear from you George!! It is neat that you will be able to join us sometime. This is a great bunch of guys!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
George don't believe Allan, all of those guys stink! Especially Allan, he would'nt give us any beer, no food, didn't let anybody sit in the sweet spot, and wouldn't let us play with any of his cool HT toys. And he definitely would'nt let any body hold the remote control.
(contrary to belief I think it's fun to lie :D)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Hey, holding the remote control is not a right, it's a priviledge. Didn't your mama ever tell you not to go handling someone elses equipment without their permission? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks