What's new

(un)Official Meeting Place for Cincinnati HTF Members (1 Viewer)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Alan. April would be better for me, but I don't want to hold anyone up. Whatever the majority of folks want to do is fine with me. If I miss this event, then hopefully there will be others.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Classes end at the end of April, then comes exam week, then I'm outta here, so late April and May are no good. But that's just me...:)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
April 1-25 works I believe....finals are the week of the 28th, Easter weekend is the 18th-20th BTW

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I will be in Las Vegas over the Easter Weekend....Viva Las Vegas!!
Saturday, March 1st! How does that work for everyone?
I haven't heard from my buddy Kevin on this meet yet!!;)

Hello Gang,
Looking forward to the meeting, whenever it is. About 15 years ago, Al showed me a "Hi-Fi" VCR hooked to his TV and stereo. We've progressed from there. Buying the MASSIVE 27" monitors, letting Al talk me into buying Bose speakers, (they worked ok for 13 years, now I know better) and now doing the widescreen stuff, we've had a pretty good time comparing and arguing about this topic. Al's system is very impressive, and you guys will have a great time checking it out. I've had the opportunity to enjoy his theater pretty regularly. It's allowed me to "preview" my next HT purchases for months to make sure I like what I see/hear. What's REALLY nice is when Al tires of a perfectly good piece of equipment when he finds something better and sells me the old (still like new) equipment for ten cents on the dollar. :D
I'll post some pics of my theater pretty soon. It's in the living room of my condo, hopefully soon to be in the dedicated HT room I'm building in my basement. I'll post a list of components at the bottom of this message for commentary/bashing.
Looking forward to meeting you guys at the party, whenever it is. I'll bring some Budweiser. Al usually has lots of Heineken in stock. FYI. ;)
Kevin
Current System (subject to change whenever Al buys something new)
Mitsubishi 65" WS-65869 Platinum Plus Widescreen w/Integrated HDTV (protective shield removed)
Paradigm Monitor 7 Mains
Paradigm Mini-Monitor Rears
Paradigm CC-370 Center
Velodyne CT-120 Sub (thanks Al)
Pioneer Elite VSX-33-TX Receiver
Sony (?) 5 disk CD changer
Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD player (SD-3800?)
Toshiba DST-3000 HDTV box

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Welcome to the forum Kevin. Thats some nice stuff you got there. Yeah it seems that it will be a nice time (if we ever agree on a date :frowning: )
Oh and by the way, Alan already said I could have all his stuff when he upgrades this time, right Al?;) :D

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Maybe you guys should just go on without me. The show I'm doing opens March first and runs every Saturday for the forseeable future, so Saturdays are just bad for me all around. :frowning:
Have a good time, though. *sniff sniff*

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Saturday, March 1st!
Unless it's late at night (10PM), I can't do it. I've got a concert at 8PM. But seriously, if that's the way it is, that's fine. I'll have other chances to experience state-of-the-art home theater systems...:)
What about February 22? That seems like the only good Saturday for everyone for now...

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I'm ready. Alan I think I still have your number, I'll call ya tomorrow see if your not doing anything.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I might be able to set up a tour of the Library of Congress Motion Picture Preservation Center up in Dayton. That's where the LOC stores all of their pre-1950's nitrate films and also where they do their restoration work. It's a cool place. They store the original negatives of some of the greatest films ever made. It would have to be on a weekday during business hours, so it would mean taking off from work for most of us. Also, it's on Wright-Patterson AFB, so security is pretty tight. Of course it all depends on the schedules and willingness of the people who work there. If enough folks are interested, I'll do my best to set it up.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Well so far we have Brian, David, Thomas, LaMarcus, Mike, Chuck, and my buddy Kevin!!
Let's make this happen on Saturday, Feb. 15th!!!
I'm up for it, what say you???:emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Hittin' and a missin'...:)
I'll be here that weekend, but Chuck won't be. If that turns out to be the date, and if anyone is willing to stop by the campus to pick me up on the way over, that would be greatly appreciated.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Alan:

What time will we be having the meeting.

Thomas - assuming nothing comes up. I'll pick you up.

I'm just down here in hamilton.

Mike

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Sorry people, I'm stupid!!! I'm going to a University of Dayton basketball game on the 15th....duh!! One of our vendors at work, a company I use to work for BTW, is treating me to the 3:00 game and dinner afterward. It has already been set up.

Suggested dates and times are welcome...I'm flexible!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Feb is good, any sat. As you can see I'm not as important as you guys, I have nothing to do but HT :D .

Users who are viewing this thread