What's new

Ultraviolet: What do you like and not like about it? (2 Viewers)

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
No, silly goose, if you really want to know I actually e-mailed them again a few weeks ago and still haven't heard back.

I had an issue with Vudu, and my PS3 told me to contact Vudu, so I did. Vudu told me to contact Ultraviolet, so I did. Ultraviolet has said nothing for weeks, and Vudu is all "We're totally done, right? Yeah, we're done" and closed the ticket.

It made me feel better when I read that article a few days ago and learned that the press is also having an essentially impossible time contacting anyone from Ultraviolet :)

I'll just keep playing the waiting game. I'm not in a huge rush, as hilariously enough basically the thing that I was trying to do on Vudu amounted to "I wonder if this has changed at all since I last used it?"

MattAlbie60

Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Literally just play a movie. That's all. Vudu won't play it at all, either on the PS3 or throught the website, and they're saying that I need to contact Vudu customer care. I did that, and they passed the buck to Ultraviolet customer service, who isn't getting back to me.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Do you have the latest version of flash installed? That could cause a problem. But since it also doesn't work on your PS3 that's probably not the problem. Are you sure your UV account is linked to your vudu account?

MattAlbie60

Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I do have the latest version installed, and it doesn't work on either the PS3 or a computer. I get a standard "There's a problem with your account, contact Vudu" message.9000% positive that the two accounts are linked. The two accounts were linked, worked and sat untouched for a year. Only in the last three weeks or so (or whenever, it doesn't matter) did this problem randomly start happening. I even unlinked and re-linked to try to get them to play nice with one another, but no dice.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Well let me ask this then, if he views it on Vudu would he get the HD version?Also, SD DVDs look great on my PJ, obviously not Bluray but not what I would call Ass.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Flixster is only capable of playing SD. But you can redeem or purchase HD rights from flixster, so if he has the HD rights, he could play it in HD on vudu. I don't understand why many people use flixster instead of vudu. Maybe they should do more advertising.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
But what if he isn't using flixster but vudu and registers it there, he still only gets SD?I havent looked into it but was pretty sure many or all of my older codes net me hd streams via iCloud... Imo keeping an SD/HD distinction these days is just dumb...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Heh, via Mielke again:
Linking a Sony Pictures + UltraViolet + Flixster account --all with separate log-ins-- really is the antithesis of 'user friendly.'
Let's start a fanclub for The Worst Consumer Service Ever Starting With 'Ultra' and Ending In 'Violet.' Who wants in? I want t-shirts!
And this is from a smart guy who purposefully registered for UV. Wanna explain his frustrations supporters???

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Also:
@Navesink You have to mention that UV/Flix SD copy is SUCK compared to normal iTunes SD version of The Hobbit. It's like fuzz-o-vision.
I suggested he try vudu instead per your recs.
Exactly what I wanted to do. Register for a fourth fucking film service.
Isnt flixster the official app tho? How can that be worse?

mitch_vudu

Auditioning
Real Name
Mitch
Sam Posten said:
But what if he isn't using flixster but vudu and registers it there, he still only gets SD?I havent looked into it but was pretty sure many or all of my older codes net me hd streams via iCloud... Imo keeping an SD/HD distinction these days is just dumb...
The rights token is usually dictated by the redemption code. If it's a DVD it should deliver SD and if it's a Blu-ray it should deliver HD.

mitch_vudu

Auditioning
Real Name
Mitch
Sam Posten said:
Heh, via Mielke again:

Linking a Sony Pictures + UltraViolet + Flixster account --all with separate log-ins-- really is the antithesis of 'user friendly.'
You don't HAVE to create the Sony Pictures log-in or the Flixster log-in. You only need to create a UV account (for obvious reasons) and an account with whichever service(s) you want to use.
Sam Posten said:
Also:

Isnt flixster the official app tho? How can that be worse?
There is no "official" app of UV, however Flixster was the first major service to support it.
MattAlbie60 said:
I had an issue with Vudu, and my PS3 told me to contact Vudu, so I did. Vudu told me to contact Ultraviolet, so I did. Ultraviolet has said nothing for weeks, and Vudu is all "We're totally done, right? Yeah, we're done" and closed the ticket.
Can you PM me your support case #? I'll try to have someone look into the issue for you.

mitch_vudu

Auditioning
Real Name
Mitch
Sam Posten said:
Welcome to HTF Mitch, are you an official rep?
Thanks, Sam! Glad to be here.

I'm not an "official" rep, but I will try to answer any VUDU or UV related questions you might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks