What's new

"Ultimate Dallas" Site Reports That The First "Dallas" DVD Set Is Due In Sept. 2 (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Break out the Bourbon-and-Branch, J.R. fans!!

According to a Forum blurb on www.ultimatedallas.com, we should be seeing a Warner Brothers' DVD release of the popular CBS show, "Dallas", in September 2004. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Now ... Whether this will be *just* the 5-episode "Mini-Series" (from April 1978), or BOTH the "Mini" first season PLUS the 24-episode season of 1978-1979, remains to be determined.

Although, I find it difficult to believe that Warner will release JUST 5 episodes and no more for this initial Dallas DVD release.

I'd guess it'll contain the first one-plus seasons (29 episodes total), on four or five DVD-18 discs (a la "West Wing" and "ER"). :)

Looking forward to a Digital J.R. and Sue Ellen!

:D :) :D :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
:D
just a few hours agoi wondered about this series in a post in the Alias thread.
was that precient or what
Great news, but i was really hoping it would show up before Sept, as i'm gonna need some episodic skullduggery to fill the void once i polish off S2 of Sidney B's adventures.
oh well, this fall is shaping up to be as packed with huge releases as last yr...and some of the biggest goodies are coming out even earlier.

put me down as well to hoping this release contains more than just the first 5 eps.
these seasons can't come fast enough (and i hope they ARE full seasons.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
My apologies, btw, for the slight error in my Thread Title here.

Looks like it says "Sept. 2nd". But it should say "Sept. 2004".

Funny, too, when I created the topic line, it DID allow all of the "2004", plus two more characters to boot. But, for spite I guess, it decided to *not* include all the text when finalized. Hmmm....curious anamoly. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I will repeat my wife's rant..."Where is Knot's Landing??" The only show she wants on dvd.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
The following info comes from someone at BBC who writes the DVD section
on something called "Ceefax" .....

Dallas: Season 1/Mini-Series will be released in the U.K. on Sept 6, 2004.

Dallas: Season 2 will be released on Nov 8, 2004 (U.K.).

If sales are good, then Season 3 will be released and they are currently negotiating extras.

The U.S. release is expected July/Aug 2004, but not confirmed.

The Ceefax page also says that WB is going all out with extras. Bonuses will include a behind-the-scenes feature, outtakes, and commentaries.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
SWEEETTT!

i hope that time frame is correct for R1.
i would love to have these earlier than Sept.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Well, I live in USA... I do get Soapnet but it never comes in. So, I'm looking forward too it. And I've never seen the show.

John KB

Second Unit
Sorry while I rant....I know this is what forums are all about; everyone sharing their opinions...but it drives me nuts when there's a post, say for instance like this one, about Dallas. And people start mentioning other shows, like Knotts Landing for instance, or Dynasty or whatever. This post was about DALLAS, if you want Knots Landing on DVD, start your own post!

These forums always get so off topic (I know Knots has a relation to Dallas), that sometimes by the end they have nothing to do with anything in the subject line anymore. Anywho, it just annoys me and now I've got it off my chest....I love coming to this forum, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone. I always look forward to reading everyones opinions, and I hope my little rant isn't taken as an attack to anyone, especially since I'm guilty of doing the exact same thing sometimes. Oh well...here's to DALLAS can't wait!!

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I am getting really psyched about the Dallas Season 1 & 2 set.

Being a serial, this was made for season sets. Finally I can watch this as if it was one "mega-movie"! Excellent.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I am getting really psyched about the Dallas Season 1 & 2 set.

Being a serial, this was made for season sets. Finally I can watch this as if it was one "mega-movie"! Excellent.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen an advanced press copy of "Dallas: The Complete First And Second Seasons" 5-Disc DVD set from Warner Brothers Home Video? :)

"You know, ol' Sam Culver would be spinnin' in his grave if he knew that you (Donna) let some cowboy (Ray Krebbs) talk you out of his hard-earned graft!" -- John Ross Ewing II :)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I haven't even heard exactly what the commentaries are (which episodes). Not that it matters particularly, but we usually know that kind of detail well before release. This is out in 2 weeks.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
:D :D :D :D :D

YES!

The ultimate in soaps, with Larry Hagman playing J.R. Ewing, one of the most memorable, hissable villains in TV history!

With character references like drinking, adultery, crooked business practices and the like, I am surprised that J.R. didn't run for and WIN a high political office.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Found lots of "reviews" on this already on Amazon. As far as I know, no advance copies have yet been released. These are just people reminiscing about the show in general.

Counting down the days....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks