What's new

UHF specs + release date (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
From weirdal.com:

uhfdvdcvr.jpg
Since July 21, 1989, many of you out there have been wondering, "When can I get 'Weird Al' Yankovic's cult-hit movie "UHF" on DVD, a format that has yet to be invented?" Well, mark your calendars, folks, 'cause MGM Home Video will be releasing it to an unsuspecting public on June 4, 2002! Al was very involved in the production of the DVD, which will include the following special features:
[*]Movie digitally remastered in both 16:9 (widescreen) and 4:3 (full screen)![*]Running commentary by Al Yankovic and Jay Levey (plus surprise special guests)![*]Deleted Scenes (hosted by Al)![*]Photo gallery (with over 200 pictures)![*]Behind The Scenes documentary![*]Teaser trailer and full theatrical trailer![*]The "UHF" music video![*]Interactive menus![*]Audio and subtitles in English, French & Spanish!

MikeB

Auditioning
I am speechless. This moment has been long rumored and yet I find myself unprepared for the excitement that I feel in seeing the cover.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
This is truly outstanding news. I am so glad to see such minor cult classics get such royal treatments.

May the quoting begin!

"No more Mr. Passive Resistance!"

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The only catch is that Kuni designed the packaging. You open up the case to find...
NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
:D
I'm pre-ordering this ASAP! I'm also going to ebay my EP tape for a few hundred dollars...

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I guess we've all found the "marble in the oatmeal" huh?

This is the drink from the firehose we've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
UHF AND (reportedly) Simpsons Season 2 on June 4th! Wow! I can't wait. And it sounds like a great release, to boot. :D

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
This is great!

It's enough to knock a man STUPID!

Sincerely,

John "You might enough intelligence to tie your shoes" Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Patience, Walt...it's on the schedule.

At least, that's what I read somewhere. It'll presumably be in its OAR (so the nose gag can be fully appreciated, among other things).

On "UHF":

I look forward to seeing if the deleted scene "Those Wacky Homos" is included. It'll probably seem tame in light of the Eminems of our modern world.

Sincerely,

John "Broads don't belong in broadcasting!" Kilduff

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Thank you God for blessing us this this: the greatest movie co-written by and starring a parody song-writer.

YES!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks