1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

UH OH, I spoke to soon!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattyC, Feb 9, 2003.

1. MattyC

MattyC Extra

I have one small problem! For some reason, I can't seem to regulate the volume when watching a DVD. It just plays at one constant volume level. I checked all my connections, tried every other component, and even played a DVD through the playstation and was able to regulate the volume through the receiver like normal. Anybody have any ideas?. I'm guessing it must be a DVD related issue, maybe in the set up?. I'm running the Pioneer 45A through a Denon 3803 fyi. Just when I thought I was in the clear and ready to sit back and enjoy my set up[​IMG]
    Thanks in advance for any help!

2. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

Ok you hooked everything up like I showed? sounds like maybe a source direct issue but you still should be able to control the volume with the reciever so it really cant be that. This is a perplexing issue. I'm not much into Denons so someone else maybe better suited to answer this one.

3. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Just an idea: Where you have the DVD player connected to the Denon -- either a coax or one of the optical inputs -- have you gone into the rcvr's set-up with the remote and selected DVD as the designated source for that input?

Also, in the DVD player's audio setup, check that the DD and DTS are selected for BITSTREAM audio.