What's new

Two trends i'd like to see come to an end. (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
MUFFIN TOPS

Combine the following:

1) Jeans that are a little too tight
2) A top that is a little too short
3) A young woman who isn't as hot as she thinks she is

The result is MUFFIN TOPS which must be filled with jelly because jam does not shake like that. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've not seen the three-wheelers on the road yet! A bad design for those without balance -- they're much less stable in turns! :D

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
I agree completely. I don't particularly care for "the baggy look" myself but nobody is forcing me to wear it so I don't complain. My parents didn't like it when I wore bell-bottoms, tie-dyed t-shirts and a thick belt with a "peace-sign" belt buckle. I don't care for hip hop, but my parents weren't all that thrilled with rock and roll, and their parents didn't care for jazz and swing music. Adolescence is a time of newfound self-awareness and rebellion. Each generation has "their thing" and as long as it is not harmful, I say let them be.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
The new york times mentioned

which is just one of those things that sort of makes sense, especially to a reader that hasn't been in prison, without necessarily being true.

doesn't necessarily explain pants that sag below the crest of the butte, though.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

Because the trends that adults come up with are far worse. What is the "comb-over" haircut, if not the adult male version of the muffin top -- a futile exercise in denial?

Comb-overs, midlife-crisis-mobiles, and nostalgia for The Police are far more sickening than any youth trends.

Kids do dumb things because they don't know any better. What excuse do adults have?

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The trend I would like to see put to a grinding hault is one where the media tells kids they have to look older then they really are. This was set off by the alarming sight of thong underwear in a tween clothing store. I'm sorry, but young girls have no business wearing thongs under teeny tiny ruffled skirts. SHAME ON YOU LIMITED TOO for catering to such a thing.

Kids should be kids, not little hoochie adults. I'm all for kids dressing the way they like, but there is a point where I am not about to let them walk out of the house looking like a street hustler.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

Why's that alarming? Thongs have a practical purpose. (They've stopped selling them, though, at least by that name).

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I tried to find a pic of some middle-aged bar skank sportin' a muffin top caused by wearing her 20 year old POLICE tube-top, riding bitch on a "Hawg" (5 year old Harley with 525 miles on the odometer) behind her boyfriend whos rockin' a combover (or even better... bald + ponytail). So far GOOGLE has failed me. :frowning:

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Something about "visible panty line".

Oh the irony. The boys seem to have little problem with letting their boxers peak out.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The idea that a 12 y/o worries that about is definitely beyond my comfort zone.

Thanks to whoever brought up those bikes. They are orders of magnitude louder and more obnoxious than those subwoofers on wheels folks tend to complain about here. And just as common.

--
H

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

the "decorations" sound so nefarious.

if you don't, the decorations sound like a reasonable way to sell a practical piece of underwear.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I agree about the clothes.

I saw a kid recently with a basketball jersey down to his knees, baggy pants that looked like he must have been wearing his belt just above his knees and a baseball cap that was so crooked, he was actually wearing it on the side of his head. I have no idea how he kept the thing on. And yes it had stickers on it.

And I do think kids need stricter/better parenting. I hear teenagers talking to adults in ways I never would have talked to a adult at their age. With so many just aching to interferre into the lives of parents now adays - kids get away with too much bad behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks