What's new

"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF! (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I would have loved to stock up on some criterions (namely Notorious, Rebecca, Rashomon, Do the Right Thing), but when you're used to spending $10 for a DVD, $23 for even those great movies becomes very hard to justify.
you do realize some of those $40 msrp'd titles you listed are going OoP in less than 30 days?
the Rebecca set is one of the finest SEs for a vintage title like that- demand for it should be consistent once its OoP.
you should easily be able to turn around and sell it for more than $23 after watching it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
robert.......

:laugh:

That's my kind of sense of humor.

You should make plenty of enemies. ;)

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Well, nobody stopped me so I got back on at 1 a.m. when the site was pretty responsive and ordered another batch. You can tell that they are getting drained -- this time, half of what I ordered was backordered vs 15-20% on the first two orders. I also had 4 or 5 titles that have been out for some time show up as preorders. I guess they are being re-released at a lower price point.

My wish list is getting a lot smaller, but this is going to drive my unwatched list back over 200 just when I was making some progress on it. And one of the posts above reminded me of one that I forgot to check. It may still be overpriced IMO even with the 20% reduction.

Looks like I'm going to have to drop out of school for a couple of years and get caught up on my DVD watching :) .

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
So far I've been lucky, only the Mr. Bean set has been backordered. Otherwise, the 25 other items I ordered have been in stock, and I've gotten all by 5 of them.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
you do realize some of those $40 msrp'd titles you listed are going OoP in less than 30 days?
the Rebecca set is one of the finest SEs for a vintage title like that- demand for it should be consistent once its OoP.
you should easily be able to turn around and sell it for more than $23 after watching it.
Damn you Paul, I went ahead and added Notorious, Rebecca, The Third Man and Do the Right Thing because of you. I then realized that I forgot Rashomon... which I will probably add tonight. No more DVDs for me for several weeks.

--
H - another useless post, I know

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As much as I like deal like the next guy, I find myself not pulling the trigger on a purchase. I think deep down, I hope I get what I want for Christmas and don't want to deal with the hassles of returns later if I get duplicate titles on my want list. But knowing my luck, I probably should just order what I want and let the chips falls where they may.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

I bought a few things I have been thinking about but that I am in no hurry to get. Some may be gifts if they arrive before Christmas, but everything is backordered. Only a few hours left to think of more!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to stop back once more and say thanks to Jan and the others for bringing this deal to my attention.

Or maybe I should be cursing at you with a shaking fist as moths fly out of my wallet. :D

I made three separate orders. Here's the scorecard:

Batch 1:

Unforgiven - $16.32
Babe WS Double Feature - $16.32
Once Upon a Time in America - $16.32*

Batch 2:

Alien Quadrilogy - $58.55 - I was on the fence regarding this purchase, but given that price? I couldn't say no.

Batch 3:

24 Season 1 - $35.12 - A gift for my Mom. She loved S2 and she's addicted to S3...but she's never seen Minute One of the first season. :)

Christine - $7.92

The Fly / The Fly 2 Double Feature - $7.48 - I was holding out for the longest time, but my logic is this: as SOON as I buy The Fly on DVD (a movie I simply love), they will announce a Special Edition. It works kinda like how your restaurant food always arrives if someone lights a cigarette.

Sneakers SE - $7.48

Paper Moon - $7.48

---

I guess I have until midnight to use a fourth code? :)

* = Here's something odd. On my order page, next to Once Upon a Time in America, it now says CANCELLED where it normally says "Backorder" or "In Process". I sent DDD an email asking what's up, but that's quite disappointing. Anyone else have an item 'CANCELLED'?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My order for Alias S2 and Alien Quad have been sitting in limbo and I even requested 2 day priority. For the last year or so I've been veering away from online purchases because I can usually get the same or better at B&M. Turns out I should have just gone to CostCo for these two.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Scott,
i heard there was a virus that went thru the system which ended up canceling a whole days worth of orders- if you really want it at that price you should try ordering it agian while there are still a few hours left.

Damn you Paul, I went ahead and added Notorious, Rebecca, The Third Man and Do the Right Thing because of you. I then realized that I forgot Rashomon... which I will probably add tonight. No more DVDs for me for several weeks.
well, only Notorious and Rebecca from that list are going OoP-along with Spellbound and Straw Dogs ( but if your like me you probably figure "in for a penny,in for a pound" and throw in a few others as well).
actually the more i thought about it, the more i should have ammended that.
Speculators are probably hitting DDD up for multiple copies on all of those titles so the market on those may be saturated for a few years at least.
having seen them though, N,R ans SD are fabulous Criterion discs -as are Third Man and DTRT.
you're getting them at the lowest prices you'll ever see them so you shouldn't feel too bad.

$450 worth of orders (none of which have been charged yet and a good % of which are backordered stock now) and i still never ordered any of the Twilight Zone sets.
if only those damn things were in season sets!
there are a few episodes i really wanted, but they are so scattered around in those collections i don't know which one contains the the most.
it would be so nice to have some of those eps on disc, but with these three orders now, i've up my unwatched total to several hundred discs (counting boxsets)- and thats really becoming loathsome to me.
i love to have a stash of fresh stuff i haven't watched yet, but this seems wasteful.

thankfully there are only 2 more discs coming out in '03 that are must buys- so i can relax for a couple weeks and catch up.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Like many of you, I ordered the Quadrilogy literally within minutes of it becoming available on Monday night/Tuesday morning, and paid the extra $4.95 for the Expedited Shipping. It's been "in process" ever since, but I finally got the e-mail today, letting me know that it had shipped.

However, I just checked my account status at the site, and it still shows as being "in process", and that it hasn't shipped yet.

I'm betting that they have shipped it, but are just slow in updating the site, as I can imagine.

I hope to receive it early next week. We'll see.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Dane Marvin Posted.......

I got my first order in two days, just placed a second order tonight on "The Simpsons" S2, which is out of stock right now -- but I saved $12 on BB or Target prices (just under $28).
Between HTF and DVD Talk's sites, you are the first person I've seen (besides me) to report that your recent 20% Off DDD order had arrived.

Dane ... just curious: Did DDD "upgrade" your S&H to UPS Ground for FREE? Or did you pay for "2-Day S&H"?

My order was shipped via FREE Insured UPS Ground. Evidently, with larger orders, they're upgrading from the USPS Media Mail to UPS, even though you choose the "Free Shipping" option. Got the order in just 4 days. Not too shabby (esp. considering they're obviously swamped beyond belief with these 20% off codes!).

I was wondering how many others here @ HTF have received their 20% Off orders yet...and how many were shipped via the FREE Upgrade to UPS?

Thanks. :)

(And Thanks DDD!! :))

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
I was wondering how many others here @ HTF have received their 20% Off orders yet...and how many were shipped via the FREE Upgrade to UPS?
I placed my first order on 11/28 and received it yesterday via regular USPO mail.
The Two Towers SE
Straw Dogs
Ninja Scroll, 10th SE
Warner Legends

Still waiting for the second order with Alien Quadrilogy and "To live and die in LA", no shipping confirmation yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks