What's new

"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF! (1 Viewer)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys,

Yeah, this sale is floating around on a lot of messageboards and websites, plus the USA Today readership. Their site normally runs fine, but there are people ordering hundreds of $$$. The website is hammered, and rightfully so. I think this kind of traffic would make even Amazon hiccup a little. Cut the poor guys some slack :D

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Agreed.

I never had any trouble with DDD until these coupons popped up. I know for a fact that this coupon(s) is posted on at least 6 different forums I hang out in on a regular basis.

Greg

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the DeepDiscountDVD.com website is normally pretty slow....but not nearly as slow as it has been this last week!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bitching because the site is too slow during a 20% off sale. Of what is usually the lowest price to begin with. Why am I not surprised.

As far as the error message when trying to check out, you might try a different browser. I had forgotten, but the first time I ordered from DDD a few years ago, I had the same problem with IE, but Netscape worked fine.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well I'm sorry, but if I'm the management of a company that's starting a new coupon promotion, as well as placing new print advertising in a national publication, I would consider it prudent to give some thought to my servers *before* I actually launch the promotion.

Seems like basic common sense to me. But if they'd rather "wing it" and pick up the pieces later after alienating a bunch of potential new customers, more power to 'em. Mission accomplished.

And IE is the browser used by nearly everyone in the world. If your site is not compatible with IE, why bother?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Well, I will say this - someone on another forum checked the order # differences between orders, and it looked like (from the order #s) that they processed like 50,000 orders in 5 days, or something like 416 orders an hour. Crazy!

Oh, and on the checkout error - just hit back on your browser and click on the secure checkout button again. It'll work eventually, and it doesn't double-order.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Oh, Mark. You brought a tear to my eye with that recollection. Quite possibly the highlight of my college years. Back when I never spent over $10 for a DVD; sometimes I spent 5 pricematching AND applying coupons. Those were the days.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Finally got around to logging back in there and checking the status of my order. Looks like my Alias 2 set is on backorder, but they have shipped Alien Q.

Did this about a couple of hours ago, seems the site speed has picked up. Come to think about it, I think some of the coupons expired today didn't they?

Funny, I thought it would of been the other way around.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I ordered Decalogue some days ago.

I would order Indy, but I am thinking it should be fairly easy to get for $40 in two weeks... would some more experienced and savy shopper confirm this?

--
H

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is "Curse you, Jan H for starting this thread!" Two orders, 3 or 4 hours on the DDD site, over 800 bucks, still have stuff on my wish list. Somebody stop me...
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Wow, I'm a surprised to see some people complaining about the website. It's a basic "no-frills" design because the bottom line is the lowest prices on the 'net. As for the speed, I have dial-up Internet and had no trouble placing my orders. Yeah, it's slower than normal, but I'm sure there was no real way to avoid the inevitable mob of post-Thanksgiving shoppers taking advantage of the coupons.

I got my first order in two days, just placed a second order tonight on "The Simpsons" S2, which is out of stock right now -- but I saved $12 on BB or Target prices (just under $28).

I would order Indy, but I am thinking it should be fairly easy to get for $40 in two weeks... would some more experienced and savy shopper confirm this?
Do you mean for $40 anywhere or from DDD? DDD's price won't be as low as $40 when the coupon expires (it's like $35 with it right now) and you shouldn't be able to find it for that cheap anywhere. Target had it for $39.99 day after Thanksgiving and that was a pretty big deal. By waiting, I think the prices are only going to increase. BB is trying to sell it for $56!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
OK, I tried again and things moved a bit faster tonight and I didn't get any errors. So my order should be processing now, while my credit card begs for mercy.

And if Dane's comment is to me, I have no problems with the design of the site, just the slowness and errors. I think the design of the site and search function is just fine. Easy to move around (when the site moves).

And Holadem--I also agree with Dane that you should probably jump on the Indy set here. I doubt you'll see it that low anywhere else. It's a new release, and a popular long-awaited release. I wouldn't expect to see too many big discounts between now and Christmas. I was amazed Target priced it that low on Black Friday.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'm really trying to restrain myself and can't think of many "must-haves" that I'm not expecting for Christmas. I did order To Kill A Mockingbird for $11.19. Any other "must-haves" in the

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
If anyone wonders how many of these coupon's they can use with one order...check this out...:)
#1 USATODAY
Chobits #5
Someday's Dreamers

#2 DVDTALK
Dawson's Creek
Millennium Actress
Witch hunter robin v 2
GTO Box set

#3 DVDSALE
Pretear + box
Video Girl Ai
Perfect Blue

#4 KLSX
Fruits basket v1

#5 WCKG
Fruits basket V2
Maison Ikkoku

I think that's all of them isn't it? Don't tell me about any more!! :)
Stacey

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
It may be a little slow but it sure is a lot faster, cheaper, and much more convenient than getting in your car and driving to your local Best Buy or other retailer, waiting in line just to get ripped off by paying too much for the DVD plus having to pay sales tax on top of that. I just can't justify paying full price plus sales tax when you can get great deals like this.

I have placed several orders with three different coupon codes and I have not had any problems.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I must be missing something.

Why do we need all these extra codes? Is there a limit to the number of DVD's you can buy with each code?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

No limit, but apparently each code can be used only once and, inevitably, you end up forgetting to order something you wanted. Then you need a second code to place another discount order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks