What's new

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
TravisR said:
Cool. For what it's worth, I really noticed it in the scenes with Big Ed & Norma in his pickup and Truman, Hawk & Andy in the conference room.
They looked right to me. I even cranked the volume for Andy's blinking. Perfect sync.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I need to scroll back and review the sync issues noted, but I did check the top of Episode 9, and sure enough, there it is. I thought it was actually at its worst on Cooper's very first line. The rest is noticeable but not horrendous.

Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer VSX-21TXH, Panasonice 50VT25

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Disc three, the "Slice of Lynch" special feature extra. Anyone else notice lip sync issues on this as well? This one's baffling since it's an interview piece and doesn't involve ADR. I'll grant that it does add an extra level of dwarf dream surrealism to the piece, but I also can't imagine it was intentional.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Finally, as I'm slogging through this again, an episode that justifies the entire second season (episode 14). Until now it's been spinning wheels and useless crap (not just because it was spinning wheels but because other writers weren't allowed to really do anything with the characters). Frost and Lynch show up to deliver the goods - a visually and aurally stunning episode with the big reveals. Again, this shows why series should always remain tightly under the creative reins of the original show runners. And why the template for quality television these days are the limited series that run 10-12 episodes for a season and the principal creator's hands are on every script and visual (Weiner, Chase, Milch, House of Cards, True Detective, etc.)

A 22-episode order for the second season was, ironically, a death sentence for a show that required a very contained touch of attention, detail and wicked imagination.

The other thing that struck me watching this episode with the Leland/Bob reveal was just how disturbing it really is. Another thing that made this show ahead of its time. It's STILL very disturbing to this day. When you think of the backstory (SPOILER) of a father possessed by an alter ego molesting his daughter all along and creating a self-destructive/degrading masochist spiraling out of control... well, you know you're not in Mayberry anymore.

Like, I said, it's been a while since I re-watched this show, and I was ready to claim that the only thing about this show worth saving were the first seven episodes of the original season, but this episode just jumped out as feature quality in-your-face art drama. No mood enhancements necessary.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I remember at the time Stephen King said that was the most terrifying violent episode of a tv series that he had ever seen. To this day it's shocking that it even aired 23 years ago!

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
From the "Twin Peaks Book" page on Twitter:Watched #TwinPeaks #themissing pieces last night on PS3. Audio was out of sync, fixed by disabling 1080p/24Hz output.Hoping for a wide fix:/What could this mean?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I don't know but are they fixing this? I notice the set seems already OOP at amazon...was there a quiet recall?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Postcards from the Cast extra on Disc Six is better than almost any episode in the second season. These are short snippets of the cast revealing something about their lives and, almost invariably, the real characters here are better than the ones they portray on the series. Wait until you hear the story of the one-armed man's (Al Strobel's) near death experience. The young actresses are always saving animals. The general turns out to be a fantastic artist. Michael Horse an intellectual activist. Richard Beymer is doing ayahuasca in the Amazon Jungle (a Shamanistic hallucinogenic extracted from a vine). You really get a sense of how Lynch, weird himself, attracted and gathered all these already fascinating characters to populate his private little universe. It looks like it was shot about 5-10 years after the show originally ran, too, but it doesn't say. Don't miss it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ They're from the S1 DVD set so, yeah, they're from about 10 years after the series ended. It was cool to see another side of most of the actors and Al Strobel's story is jaw dropping.

On a topic slightly related to this thread, I saw FWWM at the David Lynch retrospective in Philadelphia this week. It was nice to see a 35mm print of the movie and the theater wasn't messing around with the sound because it was f-ing loud. When I saw Lost Highway the previous week, the sound and music were at a significant volume and they were like an awesome sonic punch in the face but the audio for FWWM is a different kind of thing and Laura's frequent screams were at concert-level volumes. Next week is Inland Empire.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Some interesting teases being dropped by both Lynch and Frost, here...

Lynch_Tweet_zps76ba153f.jpg

Frost_Tweet_zps3ada945c.jpg

Don't do this to me, David Lynch...my heart can't take another disappointment.

My heart says, "OMG OMG OMG more Twin Peaks!!" My brain says, "They're promoting Lynch's coffee-brand on Twitter."

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It bodes well that Lynch and Frost are aboard for all 9 episodes and they have plenty of development time. It could work. And Showtime is smart to give it a go.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So now every one is going on IMDB to see who is still with us who could return Many of the cast have not done a lot in the past two-and-a-half decades, and I'm aware of at least two who aren't with us anymore - Pete and Major Briggs.It should be interesting

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
davidmatychuk said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_1134.JPG

VHS, Laserdisc, DVD, Blu-Ray.
Invoked! I'm glad there's still room on the table for more. I guess I was 2 days ahead of my time, unlike "Twin Peaks", which was 25 years ahead of its time. In fact, they put "25 Years Later" right in there, 25 years ago, then waited 25 years. This compares to nothing else in entertainment history, except maybe that gum you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks