What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Looks like it's official. Dugpa.com posted no season 2 in 2003. Oh well, hopefully that means relatively soon in 2004. I'm just glad I was able to see season 2 already, there's no way I'd be able to wait. i got my copy of FWWM today so I'm gonna check that out tonight. Here's hoping this actually happens in early 2004.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it's official. Dugpa.com posted no season 2 in 2003.
So what am I, chopped liver?
cheeky-smiley-017.gif

To be specific, he said "Today I heard back from my contact at Artisan. His exact words were 'Twin Peaks Season 2 has been postponed... maybe in 2004.' I'll see if I can get any more details, but so far it looks pretty grim."
Sounds like agreement with what I had already passed on that the OFFICIAL word was from Artisan!
Sorry, just a trifle miffed here, folks...

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
I finally watched FWWM the other night without seeing Season 2. I couldn't wait any longer. I just recently became a fan of Twin Peaks as i believe I was young when it was first on TV. In fact when did this first air on TV? It's a shame i will have to wait on season 2.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm disappointed. I said in this post that it looked like we in New Zealand will be getting season 2 soon after season 1. Now, I am informed that the distributors have removed season 2 from their upcoming lists. So I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Damn.
I just recently became a fan of Twin Peaks as i believe I was young when it was first on TV. In fact when did this first air on TV?
Twin Peaks aired in 1990 and 1991.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I just don't get this one. I really don't want to have to get a multi region player just for TP, so I guess I'll have to wait to see how things end. I can't do anything about it, but dammit I can complain!

I really hope that when they finally get around to releasing it, we get ALL of the rest of the series and not just half of the second season.

This was what I was worried about with the TV on DVD movement. Finish what you start!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Dave,

I knew you had announced it as speculation earlier in the thread but I must have forgot about your post. No harm intended so don't take offense. If you should be upset with anyone it's Dugpa for not giving you credit.

I watched FWWM tonight and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Definately different than the series but it still works with it quite well. I can't imagine watching it before seeing season 2. I think anyone contemplating doing so is doing themselves a huge disservice.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No harm intended so don't take offense.
I know, and like I said I'm just more miffed than P.O.'ed. It's just that the wording you chose made me feel...inadequate. :D
Brian's changed the heading of the new item at Dugpa to "A Second Confirmation... No Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD for the US in 2003", and that suits me just fine. It's good to validate sources, and I can certainly make a mistake, or get info from someone making a mistake.
Finally, I will repeat my immense gratitude to Matt Stone for bringing this to my attention in the first place!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Dave,
As I said before I must have just forgotten. It's been a few days since I read this thread from the start and I'm too busy cramming stuff for my classes into my head to remember every detail :)
Is there any word on when/if a season 2 set is coming to Region 2 Japan? I have a friend who'll be living there for a year and I'm trying to think if there's any R2 Japanese stuff I'd like him to score for me. This would definately be high on the list if it exists. No need to worry about the PAL/NTSC issue either.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
So whats the word on the Spain R2 disc? Quality? And I am confused...it comes with S1 AND the Pilot? If the quality is any good, are getting ripped off on this side of the pond?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I haven't seen it but I read the quality was ok. No comparision to the excellent looking (and sounding) R1 Season 1. But if ya gotta have it...

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
There was an article in the Seattle newspaper about DVD and Twin Peaks season 2 is mentioned as being in limbo:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...772_dvd01.html
"Twin Peaks season two. Don't hold your breath. Artisan, which did what Agent Cooper would have called a damn good job on the first season of Lynch's series, no longer has the rights — and they don't know who does now."
I think Paramount may have aquired the rights with the Republic pictures catalog, but who knows. The only I know for sure is that I will be buying the Region 2 release later this year.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
No longer has the rights?? That's new news.

David,

Do you know anything about this?

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
ARTISAN SUCKS :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I can't believe they botched up the rights issue on this midway through both Seasons release.
This absolutely ruined my 4th of July.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is a real bummer.

Watched TWIN PEAKS SEASON ONE for the first

time nearly two years ago.

Was all set for SEASON TWO.

Now I no longer remember much of anything about

SEASON ONE.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I feel your pain, Ron. I mentioned in another thread to keep your eyes on Bravo. They re-ran the series a couple times at the end of last year, so it may be a shot for you to see the second season.

Also, you could always hunt down the laserdiscs. Definitely a more costly solution, but a solution none-the-less.

After Season 1 sold so well, I really can't believe that they're screwing this up so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks