What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (3 Viewers)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Glad I could bring it to your attention, David. Thanks for the update. Disappointing, but thanks anyway...

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Glad I didn't sell my LaserDiscs. These DVD's will be out eventually, it justs sucks that it's not looking good in 2003 :angry: .

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Man, i don't know if I can wait that long. Perhaps I can find a cheap copy of the video tapes. I fully plan to buy season 2 when it comes out, but I just don't think i can wait until some time in 2004 to see the rest of the series and fire walk with me.

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
very sad news, i would have been happy with even half of season 2 in 2003.

im not big on the petition thing but is there a petition going for getting season 2 released? its definately one i would sign my name to. thanks.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Well I'll just buy that Swedish boxset, or UK one or whichever is better and comes out sooner, and Artisan won't get my money. :thumbsdown:
Maybe no DTS but I don't care much for it, especially for an old drama TV show, and still better than getting LDs.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thanks Michael - the Season 1 UK box is sitting in my local indie record shop (of all places), just waiting for me to fork out £50 (~$75) for effectively 8 episodes...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Artisan must be too busy butchering their catalog releases to care about the obvious jewel in their crown.
In spite of the lack of a reason, I will at least go out on a limb and say that this is very unlikely to be Artisan's decision. It's surely out of their control. What, you don't think they want your money?

There are a number of things that could be going on. The delay could be due to rights issues or other legal complications (like music rights). Or perhaps lack of resources, including possibly the lack of availability of participants for supplements. Or any number of other things.

I doubt the marketing or management people just looked at it and said, "Nah...not right for this year". Why would they want to lose MORE momentum from the previous release?

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if S2 has been announced -- like it has in Sweden -- for Korea/Region 3?

I actually bought the entire Korean S1 set just so I could have a decent copy of the pilot (sorry -- the R0 disc's audio drives me nuts).

This'd be the best way to go for those of us in the Americas: the Korean sets don't give you PAL headaches...

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Ok, this is getting a little crazy. How does this sound, I have a plain old R1 player, and want to get the rest of Twin Peaks in some form or another. What are my options? I know there are import versions, but are any of these R0 (like the pilot)?

Rand

Supporting Actor
I'm also very glad I still have the laser dics. Not as nice as the georgous S1 dvd's but much better than any tape.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Not sure if anyone else has already seen this but Artisan have "no plans" to release Season 2 in 2003. Read all about it here.
The Paramount Region 2 and 3 versions are still planned it seems. So all you need is a PAL capable player and you're set! :frowning: (Damned Artisan).
~ Johnny

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
And it comes full circle :)
John,
The Dugpa.com story references the TVShowsOnDVD.com story (written by this thread's own, David Lambert) that was started by my reporting of the rumor 2 days ago. In short, the Dugpa.com story is based upon information from this thread added within the last couple of days.
Whew...that was a mouthful. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
To simplify...here are the posts:
My original post:
There was a post on alt.movies.david-lynch today that says a source within Artisan has confirmed that Artisan has no plans to release Season 2.
This really sucks major ass. We need to start a petition or something.

David Lambert's Reponse:
It's not happening this year. No reason was given. Here is the word. I e-mailed and phoned trying to get more info, but that's all there is.
Matt, thanks for alerting me to this and for your succinct description of the situation. I thought it wise not to mention your name in the news item, because as your HTF nametag points out, there's the confusion factor with the South Park guy. But my sincere thanks for passing the news on.
If you're wondering about the structure of the news post, those are my words until the bottom, which is why Gord "breaks in".

TV Shows On DVD News-Post
Yesterday there was a nasty rumor posted on the USENET newsgroups. To sum it up as one person succinctly put it:
"There was a post on alt.movies.david-lynch today that says a source within Artisan has confirmed that Artisan has no plans to release (Twin Peaks) Season 2."
We immediately contacted Artisan's publicity group who, after careful inquiry, responds, "As far is 2003 is concerned that is correct."
So there is no Twin Peaks S2 coming out anytime soon. We asked for some insight into what caused this situation, but none was available.
Note from Gord: Last year, Paramount acquired the Republic Pictures catalog. There's a chance this could be what's causing the problems, but this is just me wondering aloud.

All in all, it took about 30 hours for information to be reported on the forum and then referenced on the forum via another news source. Makes my head spin.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I sent Brian at Dugpa.com a note alerting him to the info I had gotten. He and I have been co-operating on Twin Peaks info since the rumors back in November. This time, I had gotten this news by myself, thanks to Matt's lead. So I shared it with Brian.
I wanted Brian to know about all this ASAP so folks visiting his site would have the same info. That way, guys like John who mainly read Dugpa will be filled in. I specifically asked him to credit TVShowsOnDVD rather than me personally, and he did. All I asked was that if he dug up any more info on his end, that he also share it with me. Both he and I will keep you guys here at HTF as informed as possible.
John, thanks for trying to keep everyone abreast. Just try to read a bit more of the thread history first, allright? :D It's cool.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Perhaps it's not happening because Artisan want to do it right?
It is afterall available on DVD in spain right now - but by all accounts it's quite dreadful, almost sub-VHS quality.
Link may not work
Artisan's Season 1 was superb - both in picture quality (and sound I suppose what with DTS -on a television series). I actually found all the commenraries to be informative.
Wait for something to be done properly.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
David,
Thanks for digging into this issue for us. I love the season 1 DVD release, but I'm really glad I didn't get rid of the crappy EP vhs box set yet. If anyone in the Charlotte, NC area wants to see season 2, I've got 'em. ;)
Gregory

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I finally got to see season 2 for the first time this week and WOW WOW WOW! I loved it! I can't wait to see Fire Walk With Me now that I've seen the entire series. I'm still eagerly awaiting season 2 on dvd over here. I've contemplated getting the Spanish set but I've heard the quality is awful and there's the PAL to NTSC issue. In addition I don't have a region free player. With any luck Artisan will get it's act together and release a box set as good as Season 1 was in early 2004. I'm just glad I don't have to wait until then to see the rest of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks