What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2: Artisan VS Paramount (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
But haven't they licenced the extras to Paramount for the international releases?

The UK set (from Universal in partnership with Paramount (I think) - there that will confuse you, it confuses me!) has the supplements... and the pilot.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I've got both the R1 and R3 releases. The R3 Paramount menus are very similar in look and feel to the Artisan ones.

So I don't see why they wouldn't continue that with Season 2.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Here's some unofficial international release info on season two (taken from www.dugpa.com ):

Standard Season Two Box 1 set to release on September 9th 2004:
Contains the first half of Season 2 (Episodes 8-18)
No Extras
4 Disc Set

Standard Season Two Box 2 set to release on October 7th 2004:
Contains the second half of Season 2 (Episodes 19-29)
No Extras
4 Disc Set

Deluxe Full Season Two set to release on October 14th 2004:
Contains the all Episodes for Season 2 (Episodes 8-29)
8 Disc Set
Bonus 9th Disc with Extras TBA
So, on October 14th, their Twin Peaks DVD collection will be complete.

Happy for them. :)

Pissed for us. :angry:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good. That should be in r4, right.

YAY!!!

(Laughs at the people in r1).

If its any consolation, there hasn't been a r4 release of FWWM.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
It looks as if Germany will be getting the first half of Twin Peaks Season 2 on DVD in May of 2003. David Lynch.de reported this and Primus Media seems to be taking pre-orders with a May 23rd 2003 release date. At this point you may be asking when will the box set be announced for release in the US? The only thing we know for certain is that all 29 episodes minus the Pilot were each given 5.1 audio remixes at Mi Casa studios, so there is definately intent to release Season 2 on DVD. As for the hi-def video transfers, we are not sure if all the Episodes were transferred at that time as well, but we do know that Artisan did have all the negatives pulled for the entire Series from the vaults to do the hi-def transfers from.
If that is the case, then what else could hold up this release?

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
No wonder the transfer on the Kindred: The Embraced DVDs sucked (and they used FOX broadcast prints to boot without editing out the KIndred ad cards when going to break). The VHS of Kindred used different masters from the DVD.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
No wonder the transfer on the Kindred: The Embraced DVDs sucked (and they used FOX broadcast prints to boot without editing out the KIndred ad cards when going to break). The VHS of Kindred used different masters from the DVD.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
I just saw today at the rental store I go to (in Berlin Germany) the complete Twin Peaks is out from Spain. Can't yet comment on the quality as the disc that starts with #7 was out. I was hoping to compare #7 with the box set then watch from where the season box left off.
kd

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
The Spanish DVD set that includes Season 1 and 2 looks pretty bad. You can rent it at nicheflix.com. The quality is medium to good VHS. It is definately tape sourced as I saw a tracking error in an intro for one of the episodes. But...it is the only way to see Season 2 on dvd at this time.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
As for Kindred: The Embraced, it is part of the Spellin Entertainment/republic library of titles that Artisan released to DVD (and teh hording of masters by Paramount explains why the qulity of the Kindred DVD isn't the best). I just wish Paramount would just let Artisan have the masters to do a season 2 set of Twin Peaks.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I wish they would just go ahead and release this. I would pay absolute top dollar for it. Even if it never saw retail shelves, if they would just get a nice package of the remaining episodes together and sell them exclusively through a website like Lynch did with Eraserhead and sell it for a premium, I bet it would sell like hotcakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks