What's new

Twin Peaks "Gold Box" on Bluray? (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
I actually asked this question in another thread, but then I suddenly realised that you might be a better person to ask! :)

Do you know if and/or when this might be happening?

Thanks a lot!
- Johnny

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
The rumour is that it's coming in April 2010. The other rumour is that there are *new* extra features that they want to add to the BD.

Whether this will happen or not is anybody's guess.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ That would coincide with the 20th anniversary of the series. Unfortunately, having it sync up that close to the anniversary seems more like a fan's wishful thinking than reality to me. I'd love to be wrong though.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Originally Posted by TravisR /forum/thread/291778/twin-peaks-gold-box-on-bluray#post_3604832

John CW

Supporting Actor
I have it on good authority that there was a lot of really cool anecdotes and stories by the interviewees that didn't make it onto the BoxSet (especially for die hard fans of the show)... Fingers crossed it could be more of them talking?

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Charlie, if the Gold Box gets issued on Blu-Ray, I would like to see seamless branching used for the TV & European versions of the Pilot. The DVD set has the European ending encoded as a different title, so that when you are watching that version, a black screen appears at the point where the European tangent begins & a long loading time for the rest of the episode to resume. It's very distracting & was the one negative aspect I felt there was to the Gold Box set. Of course, it would also be great to have all the extras from the original season set releases that were left off for space reasons.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Vincent-P

Charlie, if the Gold Box gets issued on Blu-Ray, I would like to see seamless branching used for the TV & European versions of the Pilot. The DVD set has the European ending encoded as a different title, so that when you are watching that version, a black screen appears at the point where the European tangent begins & a long loading time for the rest of the episode to resume. It's very distracting & was the one negative aspect I felt there was to the Gold Box set. Of course, it would also be great to have all the extras from the original season set releases that were left off for space reasons.
I think there's definitely good reason NOT to include some of the stuff from the Season 1 release: It was TERRIBLE. I thought the commentaries were interesting, though. The featurette with Little Mike explaining how to speak backwards was cool, too. Also, I'm sure there was a ton of unused footage Mark Rance shot with the cast (that was reduced to those awful 2 minute clips on the DVD), but it would take someone time to edit it all, I guess.

I never bought the Season 2 boxset, so I don't know if there's anything missing from that in the Gold Box.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by John CW

I never bought the Season 2 boxset, so I don't know if there's anything missing from that in the Gold Box.
Yeah, it does.

Copy and pasted from a DVD Talk review:

* Disc 1: Jennifer Lynch discussing writing Laura Palmer's diary (3 minutes, 45 seconds)
* Disc 2: director Todd Holland talks about entering the series at season 2 and specific script challenges (4:10)
* Disc 3: Caleb Deschanel discusses directing the Horne Bros. flashback scene in episode 15, including the revelation that the dancing baby sitter is David Fincher's sister, Emily. (Caleb's wife also plays Mrs. Hayward, and their daughter is Zooey, for those keeping track.) (4:20)
* Disc 4: Duwayne Dunham relates his experience of being on the series from early on, editing the pilot and directing the first episode, and then coming back for season 2. (4:00)
* Disc 5: Stephen Gyllenhaal, director of episode 27, discussing why he enjoyed the show. (And, yes, father of Maggie and Jake.) (3:40)
* Disc 6: Tim Hunter, who had one of the longer associations with the show. (2:40)
The sixth DVD also features interviews with twelve cast members covering three separate topics. Paramount has put these interviews together in an innovative fashion, creating an interactive grid that allows you to choose to listen to all the talks by a specific actor, hear them speak on one of the given topics ("Origin," "Production," or "Legacy"), or play everything straight through. The actors participating are Kyle MacLachlan, Mädchen Amick, Sherilyn Fenn, Dana Ashbrook, Garrison Hershberger (a.k.a. Mike Nelson, Bobby's jock cohort), James Marshall, David Duchovny, Kimmy Robertson, Don S. Davis (Major Briggs), Mary Jo Deschanel (Eileen Hayward), Lenny von Dohlen (the recluse Harold Smith), and Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs). It's kind of funny how many of them do David Lynch impressions. (39:00)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Gold boxset is being released on Region 2 in March, along with the Season 2 set. I've already got the Gold set on Region 1 and have been wondering whether to buy the Season 2 set. The BBFC passed some extras which are the interviews mentioned in the last post in this thread.

John CW

Supporting Actor
There's over an hours worth of clips listed there... I couldn't be bothered to hunt through YouTube just to watch them all in 3 min segments!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks