What's new

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Deleted Scenes -READ EVERYONE- (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
Announcement:
If you would like to see these scenes included on the upcoming New Line DVD please contact New Line in some way NOW!!!
New Line want to hear from fans who would like to see the Deleted Scenes included on the upcoming Platinum Edition of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
They need to know that YOU would like the hour of Lynch chosen Deleted Scenes to be included as an EXTRA on the DVD.
Read more about the scenes here if you like: http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight
New Line are making their decision within the NEXT THREE WEEKS and they NEED to hear from fans who would like to see the scenes included in order to access their economic viability.
If you would like to see the scenes included please contact the DVD Team at: [email protected] but please remember to be POLITE! New Line *WANT* to include the scenes on the DVD but they need know that enough people are interested beforehand! Please do NOT be rude!
Even if you've emailed them before you should do it again - NOW, before it is too late!
This is your last ever chance to let New Line know how you feel!
[email protected]
Thanks,
~ John W
PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE AROUND ANY OTHER SUITABLE FORUMS

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Done. I've emailed New Line several times about this, and encourage everyone interested to say that you'd prefer to pay a few dollars more than to have the deleted scenes omitted.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

HenrikTull

Second Unit
I will e-mail them, but I don't see why they can't just include them anyways. Seems like a win-win situation to me, unless they're planning on re-transfer the scenes in High-Definition and using money on that, and boy does it cost.
------------------
A Little Slice of Heaven

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Done.
There are lots of TP fans around the world as well who are waiting for this disc!
We already have FWWM in the UK but it's a crappy release!
Here's hoping Newline's treatment of it will be worth the wait!

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I've emailed them.
Honestly, I'd like to just have the FILM now and take an SE later if it means not waiting another 2 years for the FILM to be on DVD.
Extras are great, but when it keeps the FILM from being released, they can be done without.
Read this as I will take a BAREBONES "Lost Highway" right now!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I JUST sent an e-mail to them!
I think they will do the right thing!
------------------

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
after readig that interview on dugpa.com it seems clear that the scenes have been secure and they are waiting on lynch and co. to do sound mixing for them.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
From what I've heard, New Line is supposed to make a final decision in the next 3 weeks. So I guess that now is the time to put on the pressure to New Line.
------------------
-John
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD
Fight for the Deleted Scenes Petition
http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
I've sent several e-mails to them about this over the last 3 years. Reading the interview at Dugpa.com I get the sense that the scenes have been acquired, and that they are waiting for Lynch to remix them.
Hopefully, after he finishes with the website and Mulholland Drive, he'll get cracking on these.
------------------

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
I've sent off a message before, but I was perfectly happy to fire off a new one a few minutes ago.
Here's hoping New Line's response is positive!
------------------
"What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women..."

Link Removed
Roykirk's DVD Collection

John CW

Supporting Actor
Great work everyone! :)
Indeed, the decision is going to be made within the next three weeks.
To Tony and others: You are not clued up on the story so far. David Lynch has CHOSEN the scenes but New Line have not BOUGHT them yet (they need to assess their economic viability). Believe me, the fate of the deleted scenes is anything but sure right now, as was confirmed by New Line's recent statement on Studio Day ("We WANT to include the scenes... ") and by Brian Kursar's (owner of Dugpa.com) own contacts: No decision has been made yet.
More people still need to contact New Line to let them know that are interested in seeing the deleted scenes!
[email protected]
Thanks!
~ John

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
To Tony and others: You are not clued up on the story so far. David Lynch has CHOSEN the scenes but New Line have not BOUGHT them yet (they need to assess their economic viability). Believe me, the fate of the deleted scenes is anything but sure right now, as was confirmed by New Line's recent statement on Studio Day ("We WANT to include the scenes... ") and by Brian Kursar's (owner of Dugpa.com) own contacts: No decision has been made yet.
I see. I must have misread the interview. Well, I sent off another e-mail to them.
------------------

John CW

Supporting Actor
Yeah :)
There a loooong story behind these scenes and if you don't know it it might have seen like he was confirming their inclusion. Basically he was saying they still haven't been contacted to score them yet - which they need to do if they're going to be included.
~ John
------------------

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Seemed to me that Neff said that they were all ready to start doing 5.1 work on the deleted scenes (owned by this other company) last year at the same time that the moeny problems and negotiations were going on. Lynch and Co. gave up and started work on other projects, namely Mulholland Drive (retrofitting a TV show to be a motion picture) and DavidLynch.com.
Neff goes on to say how this 3rd party gave the go ahead on the scenes at which time Lynch and Co. said "sorry, we're too busy to do it now" and thus have been shelved for the time being. Neff said they have millions into DavidLynch.com and need to see it through before committing the studio to this DVD project.
At least, thats how I read the interview.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Actually, from the interview, Neff says "I don’t know if they made a final deal, but I think they either did, or they got real close to it."
From what I have heard, New Line has been kicking this around fo the last year or so. When their profits are up, it's priority goes up, when their profits are down, the project has come close to getting put on the chopping block (a few times actually), and the DVD release downgraded to a regular release instead of a Platinum release.
Most recent rumor is that it is going to be decided once and for all in these next coming weeks. Would be a shame since Lynch went through so much to hand pick the scenes for this release. Plus the whole thing with Jack Nance passing away a few year back. I would LOVE to see the scenes with good old Pete Martell restored as a deleted scene.
------------------
-John
[Edited last by John Sullmeyer on October 12, 2001 at 01:33 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks