What's new

Twilight Time's Third Birthday! (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thankfully pay day is this week and I was planning on continuing my Trek expanded score collection for my birthday. Looks like I'll be adding Philadelphia and Steel Magnolias to that order.

Happy birthday, guys. It was a blast getting to meet you at the HTF meet up in 2012!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Twilight Time said:
All of our signed copies have always been given away free with the qualifying purchases.
Okay. I've got my cart pre-loaded with five titles from the list. Hopefully on Wednesday afternoon, $50 will be subtracted from the total and I'll also be able to snatch the free Blu-ray of The Front. Not too shabby!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mark Cappelletty said:
Score! Got the free FRONT, WILD AT HEART, USED CARS, BROADWAY DANNY ROSE and grabbed PICNIC and THE DISAPPEARED from the sale.
This is what I got today.

Alread have the Front but a free autographed copy is always good.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I got in on time for The Front and also placed a second order where I could choose some sale titles at leisure (even though I did preload my cart the first time because I knew those 150 copies would go ridiculously fast because of the sale). So my TT collection basically doubled. I might pick a few more up before the sales ends.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Mark Collins said:
3 Years!! And what a fantastic 3 they have been. Some of the best movies I own are from Twilight Time. TT best friend to all classic movie lovers.
agreed and Criterion also.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I got my order placed right after the sale started. I snagged The Front (signed copy), Picnic, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, Pal Joey, Bite the Bullet, and Steel Magnolias. All for $123.85 shipped. That comes to just $20.64 per title - now that's a price I can live with!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Kyrsten Brad said:
Well folks at first nothing on this list really grabbed me as must have. But I did run some titles thru Uncle Google and found a couple I might end up ordering during the sale. "High Time" and "Cover Girl" look interesting.
Google is a place to start, but keep in mind that almost all Twilight Time Blu-rays have been reviewed here on HTF.

Speaking of which, this is a good chance to plug Experiment in Terror, which I reviewed 14 months ago.

Experiment in Terror Blu-ray Review

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I've just bagged Jane Eyre which should be on everybody's list!
The discount makes purchase possible as it at least offsets the ridiculously high postage rate they cnarge to Australia.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I knew the sale was going on today but then forgot about it due to a long meeting in the afternoon (damn!) so no chance of getting the autographed copy of The Front. Well still picked up Wild At Heart, The Wayward Bus, The Other, Mindwarp and Roots Of Heaven. Might have a second go and grab some others.However great to hear that Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia, Equus etc.. are now shipping!Regards,

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Matt Hough said:
Wonder of any of these have joined the sellout ranks yet?
Probably too early for that Matt - we would have seen some low quantity alerts on TT's Facebook wall by now.

However, there was obviously lots of action yesterday, especially for titles that haven't shown up in SAE's weekly Top 10 for quite awhile. On Wednesday morning their chart included 5 TT titles (all post-2014 releases). But just one day later, barely an hour ago, that same weekly ranking consisted entirely of TT titles (which is a first I believe - they've hit 9/10 before but never all 10).

As expected, the top 3 spots went to hotly anticipated pre-orders:

[*]Wild at Heart
[*]Used Cars
[*]Broadway Danny Rose
[/list]
The 4th spot went to a still high demand holdover from last month:

[*]Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
[/list]
However, 5th through 10th spots were all vintage TT catalogue titles, curiously all from 2013:

[*]In Like Flint
[*]Our Man Flint
[*]Jane Eyre
[*]Sleepless in Seattle
[*]Sexy Beast
[*]Experiment in Terror
[/list]
What's significant about this chart is that it is based on a rolling tally of total units sold over the previous 7 days across all of SAE's vendors and lines of business (including soundtrack CDs). So for a single title to show up in their Top 10 after only 1 day, that means its sales must have been very brisk. While an overnight splash like this is normal for new TT pre-orders, it is very unusual for back catalogue titles. To see something that has been in release for a year or more suddenly cracking their Top 10 for the entire week...and literally overnight...it means we could be seeing a bunch of those "less than 500 remaining" notices over the coming week(s).

I think we can also assume that yesterday afternoon most buyers were focused on getting their pre-orders in, just as they do every month. So with almost 5 days left for them to consider some of those other 'Gang of 36' sale titles, this thing isn't anywhere close to being over yet...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just ordered Philadelphia, Steel Magnolias and the Star Trek III expanded soundtrack. If all goes well, I'm expecting a nice delivery next Wednesday.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Richard Gallagher said:
Google is a place to start, but keep in mind that almost all Twilight Time Blu-rays have been reviewed here on HTF.

Speaking of which, this is a good chance to plug Experiment in Terror, which I reviewed 14 months ago.

Experiment in Terror Blu-ray Review
Most of the Twilight Time related threads can be found at this link:http://www.hometheaterforum.com/tags/forums/Twilight%2BTime/ If you are looking for only reviews, our more recent ones (last year) can be found here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/tags/ccs/Twilight%2BTime/?search_app_filters[ccs][searchInKey]=database_1

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Day 2 of the 'Gang of 36' Sale - Impact on SAE's Weekly Top 10 chart:

[*]Wild at Heart
[*]Used Cars
[*]Broadway Danny Rose
[*]In Like Flint
[*]Our Man Flint
[*]Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
[*]Jane Eyre
[*]Experiment in Terror
[*]Sexy Beast
[*]Sleepless in Seattle
[/list]
For the 2nd straight day, SAE's weekly chart is exclusively TT Blu-rays. Same mix of titles with some jockeying for position (BMTHOAG is down two spots. EIT is up two).

"And coming out of the turn...it's Bouncing Betty!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks