What's new

Twilight Time's Third Birthday! (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
EddieLarkin said:
Man, I really want to check out The Wayward Bus, but The Roots of Heaven does fill a Huston gap. I have a week to decide at least. Thanks Rock!
I purchased THE WAYWARD BUS when it was first released. I have watched it many times. Great transfer, stellar over the top acting and decent story. You should not be disappointed if you go in this direction.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
ROclockCK said:
Lucky you, Jose. I'd never seen Swamp Water before this TT Blu-ray, so I had no idea what to expect. After its final shots, I was dumbstruck...I just couldn't believe such fine golden era filmmaking had never even made it to DVD.
Swamp Water is definitely one of my favorite Twilight Time films they have ever brought out. It came literally out of nowhere, and I'm sure it only got picked up because Renoir's name was attached to it (or one of the TT guys really liked it). Either way, bought it based on the cast alone and greatly enjoyed it, especially with that superb blu-ray quality.

Frankly, I think the cover art might have sent mixed messages about what the film is, making it look like some sort of cheesy slasher movie in the Southern bayous instead of the great golden-age drama it is.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Steve,
The print of Swamp Water I saw decades ago was sepia toned as well. It's too bad that except for Wizard of Oz, we don't get films transferred in sepia as originally shown.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
thank goodness for paypal, looks like I am going to have to pull the trigger on some items I have had in the whish list for a while

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks at first nothing on this list really grabbed me as must have. But I did run some titles thru Uncle Google and found a couple I might end up ordering during the sale. "High Time" and "Cover Girl" look interesting.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Kyrsten Brad said:
Well folks at first nothing on this list really grabbed me as must have. But I did run some titles thru Uncle Google and found a couple I might end up ordering during the sale. "High Time" and "Cover Girl" look interesting.
You can't go wrong with either. Good choices.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
TonyD said:
5 titles at 1995 will come up to 99.75.
Will one need to purchase an additional title to get up to that $100 tag for the autograph
and what is the closest we can get without going over $100?
Well drat Tony, it's just heartbreaking to hear that TT and SAE are forcing you to buy 6 of their fine Blu-rays for the price of 4...and possibly a 7th, if you're quick enough to make the cut for that FREE autographed copy of The Front too.

I mean, it's a cruel, cruel world... ;)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Big congrats to Nick & Julie. I've just added two additional titles to my Wish List to pick up during the sale next week.

Oh and please move Heaven & Earth to bring Skatetown USA and Thank God Its Friday to Blu.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ROclockCK said:
Well drat Tony, it's just heartbreaking to hear that TT and SAE are forcing you to buy 6 of their fine Blu-rays for the price of 4...and possibly a 7th, if you're quick enough to make the cut for that FREE autographed copy of The Front too.

I mean, it's a cruel, cruel world... ;)
I know, I know but I think it is a legit question. Still waiting to hear.

I have gone through the list and only see two that I want to buy not including anything new that comes out in the next wave
which may or may not include two more for me.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
TonyD said:

I have gone through the list and only see two that I want to buy not including anything new that comes out in the next wave
Savvy collectors have already noted that the most economic way to pre-load the cart in order to qualify for a free signed copy of THE FRONT utilizing promotion titles is to include four titles priced at $19.95 and one title priced at $24.95 -- a grand total of $104.75.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
TonyD said:

...and that was just some gentle teasing on my part Tony.

Although geeeeez man...TT's catalogue is getting to be pretty extensive and varied by now, plus this once-in-who-knows-how-many-times-we'll-ever-see-something-like-it-again sale already amounts to effectively 1/3 off list for Blu-rays...and 1/2 off for DVDs.

As has been pointed out many times before not only here but elsewhere, with only 3000 of these suckers in existence - all but one title region free - they also tend to hold their value exceptionally well in the aftermarket. So even if you took a fly on something of only borderline interest or outside your usual comfort zone, there's almost a no-lose logic to it. Handled with care, you will always be able to find a secondhand buyer out there...somewhere.

Even though I already own all TT titles, at these prices, I'll be buying some for friends who I know wouldn't take a chance on them otherwise. And if they really, truly don't like them, heck, I'll gladly take them back and just sit on them for awhile...then resell and recoup. Only Criterion comes close to that same level of built-in no risk resale guarantee.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
^^I know you were kidding. Problem for me is I have all the movies from TT that I want from what is available nowExcept for the two I have some interest in. My $20-30 needs to be spent on movies I actually want. So if I don't get to$100 it's okay.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Twilight Time said:
Savvy collectors have already noted that the most economic way to pre-load the cart in order to qualify for a free signed copy of THE FRONT utilizing promotion titles is to include four titles priced at $19.95 and one title priced at $24.95 -- a grand total of $104.75.
Am I understanding you right, Twilight Time? The signed copy of The Front is FREE for those who qualify with the orders of over $100? I thought the $100 promotion just qualified you to PURCHASE a signed copy! If it's the case that it is free, well then that's just too good to pass up!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark-P said:
Am I understanding you right, Twilight Time? The signed copy of The Front is FREE for those who qualify with the orders of over $100? I thought the $100 promotion just qualified you to PURCHASE a signed copy! If it's the case that it is free, well then that's just too good to pass up!
There's other details, Mark (just 150 copies!). From the OP:
Also on Wednesday, March 19th at 4 pm EST when the April pre-orders go live, we will have approximately 150 copies of THE FRONT signed by the lovely Miss Andrea Marcovicci, which will be available for the usual $100 or more of TT product - but this month your $100 will go a lot further if you wish to take advantage of the price-promotion gang of 36 - all of which are listed below. SAE suggests that for those of you wishing to take part in the promotion and also inclined to obtain a signed copy of THE FRONT, use the list below to pre-load your shopping cart so you’ll be able to proceed directly to the autographed copy icon.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yeah, I read those details, Mike, and the word "free" wasn't in there which is what gave me the impression that the 150 signed copies were only available for purchase to those with qualifying orders.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'd like to also congratulate TT on three excellent years. The upcoming sale will no doubt nudge me off the fence for a few titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks