What's new

Twilight Time September/October 2012 Releases (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I totally forgot that. I guess that's what happens when I haven't looked at a disc in about a decade.
The NotLD'90 DVD also includes a featurette which has some MPAA cut footage included, albeit sourced from a VHS transfer of the workprint.
Vincent

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Hopefully Major Dundee makes it to the November/December wave. I believe it was part of last Decenber's interview shortly after TT revealed their new Sony partnership. It is the only one of their initial list of Sony licensed titles that has not been released yet.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
JoHud said:
Hopefully Major Dundee makes it to the November/December wave. I believe it was part of last Fall's interview shortly after TT revealed their new Sony partnership. I believe it is the only one of their initial list of licensed titles that has not been released yet.
The good folks at TT have informed us via Facebook that Major Dundee needed additional restoration work by Sony and that is the reason for the holdup. It is coming but TT hasn't announced a timetable.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Ok, so it's sort of in the same boat as Fox's April Love. Good to know it wasn't lost in the shuffle.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Paul Rossen said:
The good folks at TT have informed us via Facebook that Major Dundee needed additional restoration work by Sony and that is the reason for the holdup. It is coming but TT hasn't announced a timetable.
Yes, Steel Magnolias was swapped with it on the release calender.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/321400/twilight-time-september-october-2012-releases#post_3937332
Gary,

As far as I know, just Fright Night.
Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth are down to fewer than 500 remaining so they may not be around for too much longer.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info. Do you think it is the price point or that the general public is just not that interested in these films as the reason that they have not sold out after several months. I mean 3,000 does not seem to be very much. I guess it makes sense for the studios to use this model if there is so little interest in these films on blu ray that they can't sell 3.000 copies immediately..

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Garysb said:
Thanks for the info. Do you think it is the price point or that the general public is just not that interested in these films as the reason that they have not sold out after several months. I mean 3,000 does not seem to be very much. I guess it makes sense for the studios to use this model if there is so little interest in these films on blu ray that they can't sell 3.000 copies immediately..
The studios have been telling us for several years now that catalogue titles have been much harder to move on blu compared to DVD. You also have to consider that unless you are a real home theatre geek following these boards, you may not even know they're available.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
Rob W said:
The studios have been telling us for several years now that catalogue titles have been much harder to move on blu compared to DVD. You also have to consider that unless you are a real home theatre geek following these boards, you may not even know they're available.
It is not so much the case that catalog titles are hard to move on Blu-ray as it is that the market for the titles in question has pretty much been exhausted by previous releases. Blu-ray does quite well on newly released titles, which demonstrates an interest in the format. Overall interest in Blu-ray is clearly still growing.
Twilight Time releases have been very widely publicized. In addition, you can buy them through Amazon, since their distributor has an Amazon Marketplace store.
I find it hard to believe that anyone really interested in a title these days will not consult Amazon.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Rob W said:
Yeah, the Twilight Time availability/distribution method does contribute some to lower sales since most average joes don't actively seek out specific titles online and often stumble upon titles they are interested while browsing. Amazon.com is one of the few online retail outlets that does list these, but even then they are only available through a select 3rd party seller for a comparatively expensive price. Not exacly consumer friendly compared to most Amazon home video products since even Flicker Alley titles are available direct from Amazon and other online retailers..

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
PaulaJ said:
I don't mean to come across as sexist in any way, and perhaps I'm just unaware of the Blu-Ray buying demographic. Going on personal experience, most females I know my age, and older either "can't see the difference" between Blu, and dvd or really don't care about the format much and would be satisfied with a dvd copy.
ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!
-- Paula the Female D'Un Certain Age Who Loves Blu-Ray and Can Definitely See the Difference
Opinion just based on my circle of friends and family. I also said I'm sorry in advance:)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Bryan^H said:
Opinion just based on my circle of friends and family. I also said I'm sorry in advance:)
My last two lady friends couldn't see the difference either (or didn't care). I think men, in general, are more visually oriented than women. That's not to say there aren't women, like Paula, who are exceptions. I am 60 years old now and have been a film and video collector since I was about 12, and that's my observation. No woman I have ever known has said, "Wow, look at that picture!" when viewing a 35mm IB Tech collector film, but a lot of men have.

Roger Cee

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roger Cotillion
JoHud said:
Yeah, the Twilight Time availability/distribution method does contribute some to lower sales since most average joes don't actively seek out specific titles online and often stumble upon titles they are interested while browsing. Amazon.com is one of the few online retail outlets that does list these, but even then they are only available through a select 3rd party seller for a comparatively expensive price. Not exacly consumer friendly compared to most Amazon home video products since even Flicker Alley titles are available direct from Amazon and other online retailers..
No matter what TT says, the fact that their titles are only available through Screen Archives and Amazon definitely hurts sales, not to mention they still don't have a website. Also, why do all 3000 copies of a title have to sell out either immediately or within a few months? What's so bad if it takes 2 years and they eventually do? If they sell out right away, then they sold themselves short and could have sold more. It also doesn't help that certain highly desirable titles such as THE INCIDENT and SHOCK TREATMENT (L.Bacall) are mentioned and then cancelled because the prints supposedly aren't good enough. ANY 16:9 or widescreen versions would be good enough for me! I bought a few of their releases but these 2 I wanted the most. Now all I can hope for is that Fox releases them themselves in their new MOD program. /quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks