What's new

Twilight Time September/October 2012 Releases (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Paul Rossen said:
Really? Then something is wrong in my set up with my 60 inch Pioneer Kuro as all 1.85 films either appear to default to 1.78 completely filling the screen or I'm missing part of the picture.
For most people, overscan likely makes true 1.85:1 transferred films look like 1.78:1. I have my TV set to no overscan, so I can see very small black bars on Fox/Universal 1.85:1 films.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I was able to get my order in for Rains of Ranchipur and I also put in an order for The Sound and the Fury to be held until the release of Ranchipur. When does Beloved Infidel go up for pre order? I know it has as December release date or is it pre order date?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Generally SAE preorders or TT movies is about Friday afternoon 3 1/2 weeks or so before release. Most months that makes it the 2nd or 3rd Friday
Beloved Infidel release is expected Dec 11th so best guess is preorder will be November 16th

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Updated release schedule:
BELOVED INFIDEL (1959) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th
THE BLUE LAGOON (1980) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th
LOST HORIZON (1973) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th
OUR MAN FLINT (1966) BLU-RAY - Jan 15th
EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (1962) BLU-RAY - Jan 15th
PONY SOLDIER (1952) BLU-RAY - Feb 12th
IN LIKE FLINT (1967) BLU-RAY - Feb 12th
NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA (1971) BLU-RAY - Feb 12th

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I might be able to pass on Our Man Flint, but I have to have In Like Flint, such a glorious looney movie & one of my favorite Jerry Goldsmith scores.
....& I hope TT keep the iconic Bob Peak poster art

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Normally, I'd be excited by the forthcoming MGM deal, but considering their spotty track record (compared to both Fox and Sony) I can't help but to be skeptical is MGM can maintain the quality standards associated with Twilight Time. Hopefully the TT Team has control as to what does and doesn't pass their quality standards on blu-ray, like the recent Goldeneye blu.
Glad to see more never-before-released-on-DVD (in R1) Fox titles on the way.
Glad to see Experiment in Terror on the way. Had the MOD not already come out, this would have been bombshell on the very overpriced OOP disc. Since the recent MOD put a dent on the online retail prices already (was $50 used last year), this will just further diminish the profits of the OOP DVD scalpers.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Billy Batson said:
So would I. The DVD is very soft & the colour muted, but I suppose Sony has to do the restoration on it first.
Lord Jim was restored a number of years ago by Sony/Columbia.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
John Hermes said:
The restored version couldn't have been used for the new MOD DVD. It's pretty darn weak.
Yeah, like I said, the DVD is rubbish. If there is a restored version, bring it on!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks