What's new

Twilight Time March Preorders: Demetrius and The Gladiators -and- Bite The Bullet (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

New-from-TT.gif

AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FOR PRE-ORDER

DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADTIATORS (1954)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 2.55:1
Audio: English 4.0 DTS-HD MA
Isolated Score Track by Franz Waxman

3000 Edition! $29.95

BITE THE BULLET (1975)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Isolated Score Track by Alex North

3000 Edition! $34.95

Release Date: March 13th

Release Date: March 13th

PREVIOUS RELEASES

PAL JOEY (1957)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
Isolated Score Track by Lorenz Hart, Richard Rogers

3000 Edition! $34.95

SWAMP WATER (1941)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 1.33:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA MONO
Isolated Score Track by David Buttolph

3000 Edition! $29.95

PICNIC (1955)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 2.55:1
Isolated Score Track by George Duning

3000 Edition! $34.95

THE ROOTS OF HEAVEN (1958)
Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
Isolated Score Track by Malcolm Arnold

3000 Edition! $29.95

RAPTURE (1965)
Audio: English /Mono
Isolated Score Track by Georges Delerue

3000 Edition! $29.95

MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (1961)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 1.66:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA, English Original Mono

Isolated Score Track by Bernard Herrmann
3000 Edition! $34.95

THE LEFT HAND OF GOD (1955) (DVD)
Isolated Score Track by Victor Young
3000 Edition! $19.95

STAGECOACH (1966) (DVD)
Isolated Score Track by Jerry Goldsmith
3000 Edition! $19.95

MY COUSIN RACHEL (1952) (DVD)
Isolated Score Track by Franz Waxman/ Original Theatrical Trailer
3000 Edition! $19.95

THE FLIM-FLAM MAN (1967) (DVD)
Isolated Score Track by Jerry Goldsmith/ Original Theatrical Trailer
3000 Edition! $19.95

THE EGYPTIAN (1954) (DVD)
Audio Commentary with Film Historians Alain Silver and James Ursini / Isolated Score Track by Alfred Newman & Bernard Herrmann / Original Theatrical Trailer
3000 Edition! $19.95

THE EGYPTIAN (1954)
Audio Commentary with Film Historians Alain Silver and James Ursini / Isolated Score Track by Alfred Newman & Bernard Herrmann / Original Theatrical Trailer
3000 Edition! $39.95

WOMAN OBSESSED (1959) (DVD)
Isolated Music from Hugo Friedhofer & Original Theatrical Trailer
3000 Edition! $19.95

FATE IS THE HUNTER (1964) (DVD)
Isolated Music from Jerry Goldsmith & Effects Track and Original Theatrical Trailer
3000 Edition! $19.95

VIOLENT SATURDAY (1955) (DVD)
Isolated Score Track by Hugo Friedhofer
3000 Edition! $19.95

THE KREMLIN LETTER (1970) (DVD)
Isolated Score Track by Robert Drasnin
3000 Edition! $19.95

© 2011 Screen Archives Entertainment

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Notice the "bargain" price for Demetrius And The Gladiators: $29.95. It's still high but it's a lot cheaper than The Egyptian

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Robin9 said:
Notice the "bargain" price for Demetrius And The Gladiators: $29.95. It's still high but it's a lot cheaper than The Egyptian
I wonder what the reason for this difference might be....Still, not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. $30 is a lot better than $40 for my blu-ray budget...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
benbess said:
I wonder what the reason for this difference might be....Still, not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. $30 is a lot better than $40 for my blu-ray budget...
I don't think anyone will argue with you about that!

I have to get this. I have it on dvd and love it...always watch a double feature of this and The Robe every Easter season. They make for a great night of epic entertainment.

Update: I pre-ordered my copy. I've been hearing that this is already popular so I wouldn't wait if you are interested. I'm more interested in this than I was The Egyptian because it is one of my favorite epics.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, It appears that Twilight Time/Screen Archives have missed the release date for their March titles. I understand that things come up. I feel it is wrong that they keep silent. A simple posting here, or on their Facebook page explaining the delay or even an ETA would have been nice. I ordered Bite The Bullet, and would like to know that it is coming, and when. David

I always like to start my Easter season with a double-feature of The Robe and Demetrius. At this rate, I'll have to change my tradition. :(

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
My preorders with Twilight Time ship consistently on the 15th or 16th.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
haineshisway said:
Anyone who's ordered Bite the Bullet is going to be VERY happy with it.
Good news. I'm looking forward to it. Did you get an advance copy.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, my shipping notice arrived this morning. It is going by USPS First Class. Sent from VA. Should arrive in 10 days or less (most likely less). I still wish they had posted some type of notice yesterday that they were running late. What's the point of having a Web page or Facebook page if you don't communicate with your customers. David

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
How is this "late"? It's March 14. As I said above all of my TT preorders (and I've preordered numerous discs) have shipped on the 15th or 16th...so by my accounting this month is actually early. :) This isn't a brick-and-mortar shop; the "release date" correlates to when TT has product onhand to start shipping.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Bob Cashill said:
How is this "late"? It's March 14. As I said above all of my TT preorders (and I've preordered numerous discs) have shipped on the 15th or 16th...so by my accounting this month is actually early. :) This isn't a brick-and-mortar shop; the "release date" correlates to when TT has product onhand to start shipping.
I used the word 'late' because it was announced as a 13th release. If they 'always ship on the 15th or 16th', then they should have announced a 'release date' of the 15th or 16th. Most online companies either start shipping on release day, or a few days prior so that it arrives on release day. I realize this is a smaller company, and they may have run into problems. The fact that it wasn't shipped on or by the release date wasn't my main concern. My disappointment stemmed from the lack of communication over the delay (and if you state a specific date and miss that date, that is by definition, a delay). David

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
David Weicker said:
I used the word 'late' because it was announced as a 13th release. If they 'always ship on the 15th or 16th', then they should have announced a 'release date' of the 15th or 16th. Most online companies either start shipping on release day, or a few days prior so that it arrives on release day. I realize this is a smaller company, and they may have run into problems. The fact that it wasn't shipped on or by the release date wasn't my main concern. My disappointment stemmed from the lack of communication over the delay (and if you state a specific date and miss that date, that is by definition, a delay). David
Oh for goodness sake!! One day late and it's a capital crime.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
My account has a tracking number, although I got no email saying it shipped. Just happy its on the way. Edit: got shipping email later the afternoon I posted this.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mark Collins said:
I see Grape's of Wrath and Zorba the Greek are now up for pre order.
I just pre-ordered Grapes Of Wrath. I don't think it is a Twilight Time release. It looks like it is a Fox release going through Screen Archives David Updated 3/21: Since this will have a National release on 6/5, I've canceled my order with SA (had to send them an email). Hopefully the other retailers will have a better price than $34.30. Thanks to all who pointed this out.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Speaking as someone who has paid a pretty penny for Twilight Time product, I would wait for these non-exclusive Screen Archives acquisitions to hit Amazon, Best Buy, wherever, in a few months and pay less. But if you gotta have em, you gotta have em.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
David you are right!! Desirree and Bell Book and Candle are the next up for pre order on Friday after 4 pm it is on TT facebook

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Bob Cashill said:
Speaking as someone who has paid a pretty penny for Twilight Time product, I would wait for these non-exclusive Screen Archives acquisitions to hit Amazon, Best Buy, wherever, in a few months and pay less. But if you gotta have em, you gotta have em.
According to the Screen Archive email I received this afternoon, they are Exclusive. David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks