What's new

Twilight Time Announces January/February 2014 Releases (2 Viewers)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Hey I just wondered what Nick had for us after the holidays. I knew HTF would be there to tell us.

Nick thanks!!! TT is the greatest and i will be there with cash in hand to help support you.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Like others are saying, I find Crimes and Misdemeanors uniquely compelling. And the cast is incredible. It's one of those movies that, whenever I come upon it on cable or whatever, I'm immediately sucked in and have to watch to the end.

I, too, mostly know Woody from the early comedy years, plus a few scattered films otherwise. I still want the rest of those early ones on Blu, but this one is perfect for Twilight Time.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Khartoum and The Blue Max for sure, for me. I'll wait on reviews of Zulu before deciding on purchase, as I already have the UK release, and have been pleased with it up to now.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
A very appealing roster in terms of Composers/ISTs

[*]Khartoum - Frank Cordell
[*]Zulu - John Barry (landmark score)
[*]Titus - Elliot Goldenthal
[*]Man in the Dark - mostly stock under Music Director Ross DiMaggio (no IST?)
[*]Crimes and Misdemeanors - incidental music instead of score (no IST?)
[*]The Front - Dave Grusin (outstanding score)
[*]Thunderbolt and Lightfoot - Dee Barton
[*]The Blue Max - Jerry Goldsmith (outstanding score)
[*]The Eddy Duchin Story - George Duning
[/list]

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Richard V said:
Khartoum and The Blue Max for sure, for me. I'll wait on reviews of Zulu before deciding on purchase, as I already have the UK release, and have been pleased with it up to now.
I also have the UK release of Zulu and would need an improvement in the sound to purchase this release. Nice write up on the making of the film and its release overseas - http://instereouk.com/Lost_Zulu.html

"...although the sound effects and dialogue were recorded stereophonically the original music score was recorded in Mono."

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
A great list, not that I'll be buying any of them. Khartoum almost makes it, mid-sixties, a large format epic film, but I'm not over keen on it, & I really have to love a movie to spent $40 (inc. p&p to England), but there's a few sixties U.A. films that I do love (plus of course, The Vikings), so I'm sure I'll be biting the bullet some time in 2014.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nice to see the Woody Allen films get a bluray release, but I was hoping we'd see a boxset similar to what we got with Kubrick and others. I'll pass on these.

Only Thunderbolt and Lightfoot for me, if I'm lucky enough to get it. :S

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Count me in for KHARTOUM, THE BLUE MAX and ZULU! But, must agree with Billy Batson on the fact that THE VIKINGS would be a really exciting offering. I'd buy three of four of that one as gifts for friends who love it as much as I do.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Man are things going to get expensive. The Blue Max, Zulu, and Khartoum for me! I'm really afraid of the latter two selling out though before I can order them. Any thoughts on how quickly they'll go?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Not very quickly, unless they've added zombies or other horror/sci-fi elements to them. It took some time for THE EGYPTIAN to sell out, and I think another somewhat comparable epic, NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA, is still available.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Like the "other thread"(pun intended)...

Couldn't care less that these are TT, but...

Zulu. I'll do my damndest to get it. Been holding off on the UK because I've seen the movie enough on Netflix.
Khartoum. 'bout damn time.
Eastwood, sure.

The rest I'll wait and see if the prices "drop" from normal "gotta have it" price issues.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I just saw The Blue Max on Amazon Prime. It certainly needed work.
My question is, will the TT version be the international version, the one with Ursula Andress showing her breasts, or the censored cut shown in the USA? I saw the international version in Puerto Rico, in 1966, and clearly remember a young teen admiring Ms. Andress' charms. We should all be so lucky.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bujaki said:
I just saw The Blue Max on Amazon Prime. It certainly needed work.
My question is, will the TT version be the international version, the one with Ursula Andress showing her breasts, or the censored cut shown in the USA? I saw the international version in Puerto Rico, in 1966, and clearly remember a young teen admiring Ms. Andress' charms. We should all be so lucky.
That Andress tidbit is an example of why I got into other region movie buying.

The dumbing down to American tastes is my main bitch about the US DVD/BD(LD and VHS when they mattered) industry.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Moe Dickstein said:
Sam - aside from other region/country releases, TT titles themselves have yet to ever go down in price.
I'll add(cause I agree, TT always are "high") that I have no problem buying used. I have snagged a couple movies on Ebay for 60% of "new".

I rarely ever pay more than $20 for a BD. Even if I have to buy a "used former library" copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks