What's new

Twilight Time Announces January/February 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Did not order TITUS but I expect it will be tremendous. The other, yes I ordered. Can not wait to watch MAN IN DARK in 3D.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Ordered "Man in the Dark"

I Hope it sells well, then hopefully we might get "Miss Sadie Thompson" next.
Rita Hayworth, 3D, gorgeous Technicolor and a great score by George Duning. (and as a surprise bonus, the lost Stereo tracks)

Doug.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Charles Smith said:
It felt so damned good just now, putting Man in the Dark in my cart -- along with the other new releases -- and getting that confirming email.

:banana:

(See?)
Perhaps a Khartoum (2.76x1) and Man in the Dark (3D) double feature could give both of my screens a workout soon?

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
My Brother has just ordered Man in the Dark and also Khartoum for me.
I will wait for a review of Zulu first.

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
I ordered "Man in the Dark" and 3 older titles ("Magnificent Men" "Jane Eyre" and "Lost Horizon") -- I think I snagged a signed "Sinbad" but will have to wait and see.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Doug Bull said:
Ordered "Man in the Dark"

I Hope it sells well, then hopefully we might get "Miss Sadie Thompson" next.
Rita Hayworth, 3D, gorgeous Technicolor and a great score by George Duning. (and as a surprise bonus, the lost Stereo tracks)

Doug.
Ordering Man in the Dark.

So the "lost Stereo tracks" for Miss Sadie Thompson are not lost?

I already have the UK Blu-ray of Zulu. I'll have to wait to see if this transfer is better. Still only 2.0 DTS-HD MA.

I have seen Khartoum on the MGM-HD channel and it also is only 2.0 DTS-HD MA which is surprising.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
When they screened the 70mm Ultra Panavision DTS version of Khartoum at Bradford a few years ago it only had a5.1 track but it still sounded ok.The version of Zulu out now only has a Dolby Digital track so the DTS track should be better.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
RolandL said:

I already have the UK Blu-ray of Zulu. I'll have to wait to see if this transfer is better. Still only 2.0 DTS-HD MA.

I have seen Khartoum on the MGM-HD channel and it also is only 2.0 DTS-HD MA which is surprising.
The upcoming Blu ray for Khartoum from Twilight Time apparently has a 2.0 stereo. Strange indeed.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Paul Rossen said:
The upcoming Blu ray for Khartoum from Twilight Time apparently has a 2.0 stereo. Strange indeed.
Maybe because its 2.0 on the MGM HD channel? Most of the HD movie channels (TCM, LMN, ENC, IFC, HBO,MAX, SHO and STZ) are DD 5.1 on Comcast but MGM is 2.0. Of course I don't know if that's just a Comcast mistake.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
RolandL said:

They are still lost as far as I know.

It was just a Christmas Wish of mine that it might become a surprise bonus.
Who knows, Miracles do sometimes happen.

So please, keep on searching Columbia, they maybe lying around in some little forgotten cobweb filled back room.

The response to "Man in the Dark" so far is very encouraging.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
A quick heads up for anyone who has forgotten, but CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS (1989), THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT (1974), THE BLUE MAX (1966), THE EDDY DUCHIN STORY (1956), and THE FRONT (1976) all went up yestrerday afternoon at 4:00pm EST (or 9:00pm GMT as it was for me.

Steve W

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks