What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March-June 2013 (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I am all for the 50s but the 70s films on bluray have been greatly neglected. I was sure THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN would have went the MOD route, so maybe there is hope for ALL THIS AND WW2; END OF THE GAME; ALEX AND THE GYPSY; AN UNMARRIED WOMAN (excellent score); THE TURNING POINT; PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE -all with isolated scores. And if they ever release MGM films that Fox leases, we may finally see 1983s underrated gem TWILIGHT TIME ...on Twilight Time.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
How humorous and fitting it would be to see a release of Twilight Time from Twilight Time. :P

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Boy on a Dolphin and the restoration of Prince of Players. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and of course the two Peyton Place movies would be great!! I wonder when we shall hear of the USA release of Cleopatra?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I'm hesitant in requesting Fox Cinemascope titles that have never made it to DVD because, chances are, Fox has done nothing with them and only have old P&S or non-anamorphic transfers from decades ago. I imagine Twilight Time has to go through a lot of substandard Fox transfers of various titles before being able to get one that meet Twilight Time's standard of excellence.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by John Hodson
Fox own no MGM titles.
Correct. MGM is distributed primarily by Fox, but MGM decides what they release or license to other companies (such as their releases through Criterion, Shout Factory, etc.)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Doug Bull
Will it be Anamorphic? (Although if only 4:3 letterboxed at 1.66:1 it should still look OK)
Doug.
HD video on Blu-ray is natively 16:9, so "anamorphic" is a misnomer. Basically, it'll be 1.66:1 pillarboxed within a 1.78:1 1080p video signal.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Hard Times should definitely be a great release. The DVD was fairly lackluster as Sony transfers go these days and much of the current DVDs are only available in fullframe. I expect the upcoming Twilight Time release to be a completely new HD transfer.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
In for Hard Times and The Driver. Rooting for stellar transfers on both:) Thx Twilight. Nick, how about The Lady From Shanghai or Guilda?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Is Twilight Time still planing to release a 3D Blu-ray from Sony this year?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Adam Gregorich said:
I think this is the thread Matt was referencing: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/318244/at-long-last-love-wheres-charley-song-of-norway-status-on-musicals-misfires/90  I'm not sure where in the thread the comments he is referring to are.....
Thank you so much, Adam, for locating that thread and providing a link. I enjoyed reading it again myself and was surprised to see James Finn interject comments that At Long Last Love was being worked on (I had forgotten completely about this). Now we know it's coming makes it all the sweeter.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by Brad Vautrinot
I've accessed the Screen Archives/Twilight Time site and cannot find any announcements or listings for the above mentioned BD's. Am I missing something?
Brad
Get yourself added to the Screen Archives e-mail list and you will be notified when they begin taking pre-orders.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Got email today that Nicholas and Alexandra shipped today. Looking forward to enjoying it this weekend.

Don Crouch

Grip
Real Name
Don Crouch
HARD TIMES!!! Hope this is the beginning for Bronson's 70's output...Mechanic, Break Out, Mr. Majestyk, Death Wish...would love to see all of 'em get re-mastered/released!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks