What's new

Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part 1 - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think this film does suffer from stretching it out into 2 films when the plot of part 1 just doesn't have a lot of meat to it even with its running time, there's just a lot of waiting going on in the 2nd half the movie for its inevitable plot development. The tone of the film felt a little snarky, but the director seemed to have fun with the familiarily of the 3 main characters. Too bad the script missed a nice opportunity to press the horror and go "Rosemary's Baby" with such a development post-marriage. Lautner's acting is still pretty bad (or immature), but he somewhat gets a second wind as the movie goes on. I give it 2.5 stars or a grade of C+.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Saw it over the weekend, it was alright, but too corny for its own good. The split means that there's no real climax to the story:
I mean, I doubt even a viewer new to the series would seriously think Bella would die when the film's subtitled "Part 1".
The cast is as likable as ever, and their chemistry carries the day, but there better be some serious payoff in Part 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks