What's new

Tweeters (1 Viewer)

Adammccl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dallas Tatebayashi
These are the specs for the JBL Control 1Xtreme that I have.

SPECIFICATIONS

General
Recommended Power Amplifier Range 10 Watts – 80 Watts
Impedance 8 Ohms
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 89dB
Frequency Response 80Hz – 20kHz
High-Frequency Driver 1/2" Titanium-laminate dome, shielded
Low-Frequency Driver 4", Shielded
Dimensions
(H x W x D) 9" x 6-1/16" x 5-7/16"
(228mm x 155mm 139mm)
Weight 5.2 lb (2.4kg)

Here are the specs for the Control 1 from Pro.

Frequency Range: 70 Hz - 20 kHz (-10dB)
Power Capacity: 150 Watts (test signal of IEC filtered random noise with a peak-to-average ratio of 6dB, 2 hrs duration)
Sensitivity: 87dB 1W, 1m
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Crossover Frequency: 6 kHz
Components: 135mm (5 1/4 in) low frequency loudspeaker 19mm (3/4 in) polycarbonate dome tweeter
Enclosure Material: Structural Foam
Finish: Black, Gray or White
Termination: Spring Terminal (adapted to accept dual banana plugs)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 235 x 159 x 143 mm (9.25 x 6.25 x 5.625 in)
Net Weight (each): 1.8 kg (4 lbs.)

I can say one thing for sure is that even the specs are soo different the speakers size and shape and the box of the speakers are exactly the same. How do I know is since I use to have the orginal Control 1 from pro. They just lable the same speakers differently but the size of the woofer and shape and the tweeter size and shape it exactly the same even the box is. The biggest difference is the tweeters meteral and the crossover.

I can also say that the control 1 from pro is Sensitivity: 87dB 1W, 1m
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms but since the control 1Xtremes have 8 ohms the sensitivity is 89db instead of 87db so both will produce the same amount of sensitivity power overall when you listen since it's basicaly they take away the sensitivity since the ohms is lower but on the other speakers the ohms is higher so they add more sensitivity.

Adammccl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dallas Tatebayashi
What I need to know from everyone is that will it be ok to swich these speakers from same kind of speakers but just specs are laid out differently.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

You are basically asking for trouble if you don't just leave the tweeters the way they are...I have 45 years experience in HT/AV, and I am trying to save you a lot of trouble...please just leave the tweeters alone. Please keep in touch with me.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Adammccl --

Please do not start more than one thread on a topic. Your threads on this topic have been consolidated. Do not start another one, and do not bump this thread by repeating the questions that have already been answered. Thanks for your cooperation.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks