What's new

tvshowsondvd.com is down (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Reported Attack Page! This web page at tvshowsondvd.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners. i can't access the page.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I get this too. Last night I found 28 spywares and 3 trojans in my computer and I only visited my regular spots including tvshowsondvd and had run a scan the previous day with no problems so maybe this explains what happened? I suggest fans check their systems. Hopefully they can get the site fixed soon, I miss it already.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Several sites I visited today had Spam posts on them. :f

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
We were hacked earlier today. The problem was fixed, but Google hasn't removed the warning yet. Very frustrating! The best part - I'm on vacation, and it's already been pretty bad, and now this. Arrrrgh!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Just Checked, the site is back on line. :D A Scan of my Computer revealed no Viruses, Malware or Spyware.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
Has anybody heard anything about tvshowsondvd.com. For the past several days it has been down for maintenance anytime I go to it. I just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything about that or when it might be back up?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
With the reduction of releases of tv shows on home video accompanied by the increasing use of social media by studios I'd been concerned about the long term viability of that site for awhile. It used to be the case that Gord and Dave would have the first news of an impending release, particularly catalog titles. That is not the case anymore.

This is not a criticism by any means. In fact I still check it at the end of each day largely because I am not one who uses twitter or relies on FB for home video news. They do a great job of aggregating the press releases and making the site user friendly. I hope this is just a bump in the road.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It used to be the case that Gord and Dave would have the first news of an impending release, particularly catalog titles.

And Gord wrote some very interesting editorials way-back-when about problems that he had with certain releases, such as Sony's original all-in-one of What's Happening!! (all 9 discs of that in an incredibly deep spindle, IIRC).

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
There may be some changes being made to the site. I've learned that there's a new EU law that websites must comply with basically allowing folks to opt out and remove all of their "private" stuff. This is supposed to start on the 25th. You may have received a lot of emails from sites, or renewal of terms of service, or notices of privacy stuff lately.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I would miss tvshowsondvd.com if it is leaving us. Hopefully it is just an upgrade or a re-design.

For years and years I have looked forward to checking the site each night after dinner to see what was new. While the vintage tv news has slowed to a trickle, I still check every night. I have really appreciated the work they do that saves me having to look around. They are a dear old friend indeed.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
I hope it is just updating as well. It is the only website that I still check daily from the earlier days of dvd. All the other websites I used to check are either gone or are a small shadow of what they once were and are not useful anymore. While there has been less news on tvshowsondvd, they have always had accurate info provided regularly and consistently throughout their long time in existence. It started out as the best website for info on tv on dvd releases and it has remained the best website for tv on dvd releases (at least for me anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks