What's new

TvDevo and roku (1 Viewer)

sugarcrane2

Auditioning
Real Name
lisa
So we watch netflicks and hulu and attach our computer to our tv right now with a HDMI cable. If we want a different show we have to get up. Lame and lazy I know but we want to be able to use a remote control. Is Roku the best for this? We don't do any web browsing or games just tv and movies. Also while researching I found TvDevo but some say it's a scram others say they love it. Does anyone know which it really is? Can we really watch the Disney, sports, HBO and TLC type channels on it? Thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I have two older Rokus and thought the user experience was good. The only complaint was the response was a little slow, but not horrible. I'll add that the onlt thing I have to compare the Roku with are the computer and a couple of media streams that also offered Netflix (Seagate Hometheater+ and WD TV Live). The main plus for for Roku in the comparison was it's search capability.

androiduser

Auditioning
Real Name
and roid
there is an app for the android smartphone called "air HID" that turns your android device into a wireless keyboard/mouse its free on the android market and can be used like a remote control when streaming on the tv jusy keep your phone close and your good to go:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks