What's new

Tv will not play surround sound either 2.0 or 5.1, works fine w blue ray (1 Viewer)

Sharksfan15

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Ok I see lots of people having the same issue, have a new Sony Blu Ray all in one home system (model # BDV-E280, Phillpis 50" tv (model # 50pfl3707) It is a 3000 series, Blu ray is connected w an HDMI plug. Movies and raidio work fine, but the TV will not pay any sounds from Tv or the Wii sytem Any ideas?? Tim

Sharksfan15

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Ok I guess I am confused a bit, since the TV is connected is connected to the HTIB via HDMI cable. The WII I guess I get but it is connected to the TV via RCA plugs, both work fine but no speaker useage for the Wii or TV, only reg TV works the sound when trying. Just to clarify here are my AV options TV HDMI, 1-3 ( #1 used for TV and Blu Ray) Video (used for WII w RCA jack to TV) PC Tim

TheGary

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
Your TV doesn't support ARC. Grab a TOSLINK cable and connect it from your tv to your HTiB and you should be fine. http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10229

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks