1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Shows You've Bought but Won't Complete

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kevin Porter, Jun 25, 2005.

1. BernieV

BernieV Well-Known Member

Yeah. I replied early on that I wouldn't buy Sliders S3 because of the price increase and decline in storytelling. For some reason I changed my mind during the last DDD sale. A copy of S3 is sitting on the shelf unopened. I just know there are Kromaggs lurking inside. [​IMG]

Another series where I elected to stop at S2 is I Dream of Jeannie. I loved the first two years, but the original premise started to get lost with increasing guest appearances, location episodes, evil cousin Jeannie and other unfunny characters. [​IMG]

2. Mike_Craft

Mike_Craft Well-Known Member

seinfeld. For some reason, I did not watch it as a kid like everyone else. So I bought the first 3 seasons since everyone said it was so great, and I thought it was stupid.

Sliders. Mid-season 3 the show really tanked. I do enjoy the first half of season 3 so I ills till get the set in te future. I MAY even be persuaded to get season 4 in the WAY future if its really come don in price. I have no plans to ever own season 5. Even if its givin to me free [​IMG]

everything else I own, I plan to complete, despite some unenjoyable seasons.

3. exliontamer

exliontamer Active Member

That's too bad, but I understand your beef with the pricing on the split-season set. I've read elsewhere that the $20 pricetag for the first season set was a mistake, or at least an aberration; I paid full price -- $35, if I remember right -- because I don't live anywher near a Wal-Mart (if you can believe that's still possible).

I was just happy to get the show on DVD at all, and last week I plunked down my $40 for BV 2.0 with few complaints. I'm only a few episodes in, and despite a dud season opener with (gah!) Buddy Hackett, it's excellent. I'll happily buy 2.5, provided Warner Bros. releases it.