What's new

TV Shows you want on DVD but highly doubt they'll come out. (1 Viewer)

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Unhappily Ever After
Family Matters
Step by Step
Beavis & Butthead (Season Form, would prefer videos)
Hangin with Mr. Cooper
Brotherly Love
Getting By
Dinosaurs
Gary & Mike
Shasta McNasty

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if we will ever get China Beach on DVD. I am sure there are issues with music rights to this show. It would be difficult to watch without the music that appeared in the series.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I remember this show. It was a very intellegently written sitcom when television was still dominated by the likes of The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and Gomer Pyle, to name a few. I don't think the show lasted more than one season, but count me in as a buyer of this.

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Science Fiction Theater and The Life of Riley They're just too old for today's viewers to remember, though I recall seeing SFT on the SciFi channel a few years ago. There were actually two versions of Life of Riley. The first, starring Jackie Gleason and Rosemary DeCamp was filmed in 1949-1950 [first sitcom recorded on film!]. Then there was the 1953-1956 version with William Bendix and Marjorie Reynolds. Both were classics from the Golden Age of TV.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Would like to see these two Lindsay Wagner short-lived series released:

"Peaceable Kingdom" (1989)
"Jessie" (1984)

Doubtful we'll see them but would be nice if they were both released,combined,in a single boxed set as each series lasted only a handful of episodes.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I really want StreetHawk... does anybody know which company has the rights to this?

I believe it aired on ABC but I'm not positive. It was only around 12 episodes, so one release and its done :)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Law & Order: Trial By Jury (I know it's new, but the cancellation might hold things up)
The Practice/Boston Legal (Fox's proclivity towards not releasing David E. Kelley's shows - the Ally McBeal "best of" doesn't count)
Crossing Jordan
Get Smart
Batman

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
At this point, I'd have to say "My Wife and Kids."

I know it goes into syndication this year, but come on ABC/Disney/whoever, the show was on the air for five years and they can't issue a dvd release. What's up with that?

DavidRJ

Auditioning
-Partners in Crime (Loni Anderson & Lynda Carter)
-Scarecrow & Mrs. King
-Our House
-You Can't Do That on Television

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Great show. Too bad it didn't catch on.

Along the same lines, how about William Conrad's Nero Wolfe series or the Richie Brockleman, Private Investigator (spinoff of Rockford) show? Both are forgotten now and will never see the digital light of day.

Steve

Tommyc

Grip
How about Car 54, Where Are you? This early 60's show was hilarious with incredible comic casting - Joe E Ross, Fred Gwynne (pre-Munsters), Al Lewis (also pre-Munsters), and Charlotte Rae. Filmed in the fabulous Bronx, New York!
Viva Toody and Muldoon!

:)

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
I think Tiny Toons/Animaniacs might/will happen 'one of these days'. I hope it does... there were many I never saw...

Stuff mentioned already by others:

SNL season sets. Impossible, but it'd be great. It's not about the comedy, or how good/bad certain years/casts were. It's the window into history. It's a very important show (regardless of the quality of any given sketch or episode...).

Andy Richter Controls The Universe

Mama's Family (with all the pre-series Eunice sketches and the tv movie, and...).

Wonder Years (sigh... not entirely giving up hope yet, though...)

Larry Sanders 2-6 (bastards)

It's Garry Shandling's Show

Max Headroom (with the Coke ad campaign, and representative examples of the previous/other incarnations, the talk show, etc...)

Get Smart (is this considered impossible? I think it's a 'someday will happen', actually...)

Muppet Babies (never really watched, but want to, or want my kids to...)

Square Pegs (didn't see them all)

Fast Times (have never seen any of it, but I know the guy that played Spicoli, so I'm deadly curious...)

I'd like to see the first seasons of American Idol and Big Brother. I wouldn't buy them, but I wish they were available...

The Tracey Ullman Show- REALLY just want the Simpsons shorts, but I enjoyed a handful of the recurring characters, too...

Hill Street Blues- Didn't see them.

NYPD Blue 2-11 - My parents have them all on tape, but I'd much RATHER be able to see it on dvd...

-

Not mentioned yet, I don't think:

The Tortellis (one-season Cheers spin-off... 13 shows, and cap them off with the Wings episodes that Cliff/Norm and Frasier/Lilith were in, please...).

It's Your Move (post-Silver Spoons Jason Bateman, from Married... With Children's Leavitt & Moye, co-starring David Garrison). A big favorite when I was 'that age'... I'm not sure how well it would hold up, now, but... I'd like to see them again.

Wiseguy- remaining episodes, concluding two 'volumes' (hate the way they handled these, but I'd rather have them 'flawed' than not at all...)

I'm delighted the Muppet Show sets are finally coming, but I've got Muppet/Henson archive dream sets in my imagination that would be absolutely wonderful to have in reality, too...

My Dad keeps hoping for this 1957-58 two season anthology called 'Panic!' Anybody know that one?...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

10-4 Brett :D As a Lindsay W fan myself, I'd forgotton about these two.

I see from your signature that we have something in common (bionic series fans :) ), + the Irwin Allen's, MI, Man From Uncle. My I.A. favorite series was "Time Tunnel". This site's :cool: to discover that there's others out there with the same interests. I hope I'm wrong about the bionic series, but it's not looking good for these 2 (legal/rights entanglements at present).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks