What's new

TV Shows you want on DVD but highly doubt they'll come out. (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
My series that fell into this category would have been:

V: The Series.

Since this has been released, I can't imagine what couldn't be.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
No offense. But, this is turning into a "What I want?" thread. I don't think that was the original posters question.

Brian+P

Auditioning
Bakersfield PD.
Any SNL from 1980 to 1986 that do not have the original cast or the Dana Carvey/Phil Hartman casts

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Well, in the case of the Warner/Spielberg cartoons, I don't think they'll ever be released...At least not on the current format. Perhaps we'll see it when the next format comes around. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. It seems that Warner prefers their Hanna-Barbera cartoons to the Spielberg ones.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

The studios are already making announcements for September and October and there's still no sign of this.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I thought Two Guys and A Girl was announced in a chat awhile back.

A lot of good shows previously mentioned. i'd like to add:

Commited It didn't get very good reviews but I liked it. If they can release the 6 Office episodes, NBC could release this.

I'd also like to see more NBC Mystery movies like Hec Ramsey, Banacek, and The Snoop Sisters.

Also,

Richie Brockleman Private Eye
Salvage One
G vs. E

Nichols James Garner (and Stuart Margolin's) series before Rockfor Files. Jim plays a turn of the century sheriff who doesn't like guns. It lasted one season. I never saw it but my Mom raved about it.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
How about the short lived "Michael Hayes" with David Caruso? Lasted a full season with 22 episodes from 97-98.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I doubt we'll ever see that animated Garbage Pail Kids series. It never aired in the U.S., but apparently a few episodes were released on VHS outside the U.S..

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I'd like to add:
Brisco County Jr.
The Name of the Game (yes, I've heard of it and used to love this show as a kid)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Pinky & The Brain (I believe that Spielberg is the hold up there but could be mistaken)
The Wild Wild West
F-Troop
Captain Nice (with William Daniels)(which would make a great boxed set with other 60's shows that failed--perhaps mix it with one or two TV shows that were also cancelled before completing their first season)

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I had forgotten about "Way Out". Yep. That would be one that I would imagine will stay in the vault for a long, long time unless the studio that has it establishes a "cult classics" label a la Rhino TV/Video

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
THRILLER (Boris Karloff)
M SQUAD
T.H.E. CAT
CORONET BLUE
THE BLUE LIGHT
WAY OUT
BUS STOP
ROUTE 66
HONEY WEST
Alfred Hitchcock's SUSPICION
THE INVADERS
THE IMMORTAL
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN
ULTRAMAN
(1966)
ULTRA SEVEN
SPACE GIANTS
JOHNNY SOKKO & HIS FLYING ROBOT
WKRP IN CINCINNATI
--in rights hell
BATMAN (Adam West) --ditto

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
To update...while there has been no formal announcement on
"Kolchak: The Night Stalker", with ABC's remake started for September my guess is that Universal will try and cash in with a bare bones release. That is if they can finally get the rights issues with Jeff Rice settled.

As to "F Troop" well Warner has released a "TV Favorites" (or will be shortly) but I wonder if the entire series will see the light of day (much less "The Immortal" or "The Invaders" which Fox has been sitting on for some time).

I keep hoping that season release of "Wild Wild West" will turn up.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
ACTION!

Reading over the previous posts it's amazing on how many series I have never even heard about let alone seen.
It would be cool if the studios put out samplers since I think a lot of people fall into the same boat.
Throwing down $30 or more on a series is a bit much sight unseen but I could see it after a great eposide on a sampler

Sorry dreaming again

Kevin/M

Agent
Any Non-Samurai Jack Carttoon Network Show (The Pwoerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, etc.) in season Sets. It;s mostly because of WHV's apathy becuase it's not like these shows have no audience

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
The Facts Of Life - come on Sony, you think Ned And Stacey and That's My Mama will sell more?
Gimme A Break - Universal hasn't seemed to milk their comedy catalog outside of The Munsters
Simon And Simon - heard it was likely coming, but when? it was a top 10 hit and there aren't any real music rights keeping Universal from releasing it (not that Universal cares about music, lol)
Square Pegs - surprised Sony didn't realize this earlier while S&TC was on to cash in on Sarah's post-Pegs popularity. It's all of one season, it's not that hard, and it'll outsell Ned And Stacey
Living Single - surprised Warner hasn't decided to cash in on the Queen Latifah gravy train
Just Say Julie - will never happen because of music rights, but I can dream, can't I? lol

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess I have to eat my words, well some of them at least. I'm glad they're virtual, sort of.

You want Sony - you got Sony! Go here!

http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/tv/tvondvd.html

On the right hand side is a poll to choose between these titles for what should come out next on DVD - Highway Patrol, Facts of Life, Designing Women, Johnny Cash Show, VIP, Street Time, Benson, Action, One Day at a time or Silver Spoons.

I wanted a bigger selection, but this will do.

Glenn

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Current results (I voted for Cash):

Johnny Cash Show 6.25%

Highway Patrol 2.5%

Action 13.75%

Benson 6.25%

Facts of Life 20%

Silver Spoons 1.25%

Designing Women 21.25%

One Day at a Time 12.5%

Street Time 1.25%

VIP 15%

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks