What's new

tv show you'd buy but will never make it to dvd (1 Viewer)

ChipR

Auditioning
An answer to the question as to why I don't think Leave It To Beaver or Wings won't be released is not a good one.
Beaver likely will someday, but if it is, I expect it will be of the "best of" like Mister Ed. I hae no inside information, just a bad feeling.
As far as WIngs, it seems like I"ve been waiting patiently forever and have not even heard rumors about it. I hope to be wrong on this one and mentioned it almost like a jinx, hoping something happens to prove me wrong.
Until then, Wings on Nick at Nite from 3-4 a.m. will have to suit me.
Chip

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Actually, if I recall DIC made that cartoon. I wouldnt put it past a single disc budget release... after all, they've released Pro Stars.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
George, did you buy the KUNG-FU set ? I haven't (yet), but if you say you want WKRP a lot more it sounds strange not to buy it if it's otherwise intact but the music bits. -They are afterall rather insignificant to an episode, the stories, the acting, etc., is much more important to me than some original rock'n'roll snippets. New Video got around the Van Halen bit in the radio store alright, it really isn't such a big deal if it's original or can music. If it's a question of getting the show "altered" (but otherwise untampered) or not getting it at all, I'd definitely prefer to get it "altered" since sorting out all the different music rights could be near impossible. I'm not so sure most fans disagree actually, especially considering the weak chances of a release in original state. What I do object to though, is some sort of "best of" package - I want the whole series or nothing at all, but not necessarily original. I wish they could sort of the music rights, because I too would naturally rather have everything as it should be.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
I need to add the one show that I loved watching on TV in reruns back in the 70's growing up.....The Untouchables. Watching that show late at night was incredible :D

I was able to get all of the Columbia House VHS tapes (ack, vhs I know) but I have this feeling that we may never see this show on DVD....this is one reason I think about getting a DVD burner. :)

All I want is Max Headroom, the entire 14 episode run plus both the original British movie.

That and The Tick (animated) would make my TV on DVD collection very happy.

Aaron

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Sheena: Queen of The Jungle (1955-56)
-Only half of the 26 episodes exist and they're in very poor quality that would require a restoration job no one will ever pay the money for.

The Jack Benny Program (1950-1965)
-Jack never had any consistency in the format of his TV show. One week it might be live, another week filmed etc. Plus, without the integrated commercials for Lucky Strike in the 50s and even those in the early 60s, the shows really wouldn't be worth it.

Columbo. Okay this will inevitably make it to DVD, but what I really want to see are all episodes with the original NBC Mystery Movie opening and the famous Henry Mancini theme that has vanished from all rerun and VHS versions (the same is true for reruns of McMillan and Wife and McCloud).

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
You obviously haven't been reading this thread http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...57#post2113557. The short answer is no, I did not buy the Kung Fu season 1 because of the MAR. I did not buy Mary Tyler Moore season 1 because of an edited episode. And I would not buy WKRP without the music intact. For me the music that they were playing was very much a part of that show, and the atmosphere would be a hell of a lot different if Johnny Fever were spinning up elevator music. :thumbsdown:

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i think Time Tunnel is going to make it to dvd from what i hear. just dont know when yet.
looking forword to that one... :D

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Batman the TV show. Since Warners is embarrassed by the show and wants the public to forget it exists, and they don't seem to want to come to an agreement with Fox (who own the show, but not the character of Batman). I don't think this will be coming out on DVD in my lifetime.

Carlos.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Classic game shows!

Specifically,
  • Family Feud (Ray Combs and the 1994-1995 edition with Richard Dawson)
  • Card Sharks (Bob Eubanks and Bill Rafferty)
  • The Price Is Right (Bob Barker, Dennis James, Tom Kennedy, and Doug Davidson)
  • Match Game (Gene Rayburn and Ross Shafer)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Not sure what the odds are of this ever coming out are...I'd like to think they're decent, but I've never heard it mentioned anywhere.

Wild Palms 4 hour (?) miniseries.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
The Amos And Andy Show. DVD's are available here :http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001EFHQW/ref%3Dnosim/teijn10-20/002-2496446-3641603[/url] and here : http://www.ebonyshowcase.org/amosandy.htm[/url] but I don't know what the quality is like. Would love to see them remastered.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I just want the damn thing released, and if otherwise unedited I'd buy the boxsets in a flash. I think it's either in this form or not released at all, I'd be very surprised (happily surprised) if the original music thing could be sorted out but is it likely ? No purist pride from me on this, I want this cult gem. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks