What's new

TV Problem (1 Viewer)

Paul_III

Agent
Hi,
I have a 64 in Pioneer Elite 710 HD, and I noticed something a few weeks ago that I've never seen before. When watching "Tears from the Sun", during a scene where the screen was "very" dark/black, on the left edge of the screen there appeared to be some kind of discoloration that was slightly brighter than the black background. This "discoloration" (for lack of a better word) ran from the upper left corner to the bottom left corner, or from top to bottom. Well I had never seen it before and thought maybe it was the disc, so I subsequently forgot about it until the other night when I was watching another DVD and I saw the same thing, in the same place on the TV. I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what is causing this? There appears to be nothing wrong unless the screen is totally black, then it becomes very apparent.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like reflections inside the cabinet bouncing their way onto the screen. Inherent to the beast. You could try covering the interior with a dark-colored fabric to minimize the internal reflections.

Paul_III

Agent
OK, as long as this sounds somewhat normal for a RPTV, then I can deal with it, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing major going on. Thanks Jack!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks