1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TV no component input.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Karl_C, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Karl_C

Karl_C Member

Hi,my question is a bit innocent and stupid. please bear with me. If the TV does not have a component input, is there a way to connect the DVD (with component output) to that TV? E.g. using some sort of cable to convert S-video to Component. Thanks.

2. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith Well-Known Member

Does the DVD player not have S-video out? I haven't been looking much at players lately, but I have not seen one that only had component video outputs.

3. Karl_C

Karl_C Member

The dvd actually has both S-Video and component out but the TV only has S-Video input. My plan, if it is possible, is to connect the dvd using component out directly to TV by using the S-Video input of the TV but with a converter if there is such an animal.

4. Karl_C

Karl_C Member

got my answer in another post. no such animal exists. i.e. cable type converter.

5. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Well-Known Member

It wouldnt make sense to use a converter even if there was one to use. The signal would only be as good as your lowest quality connection being used. In other words the signal quality from the DVD (component) would be reduced to the quality that the s-video connection on the TV can provide. Using just the s-video directly from the DVD player to the TV is still going to give you a pretty good picture anyway.

6. Karl_C

Karl_C Member

Thanks. Actually I'm quite satisfied with S-Video. Just wanted to experiment a little.