1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Nation Returns?!

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nick Graham, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

As much as I can't stand Michael Moore or his politics right now, I would gladly give up 30 minutes to an hour each week if he brought back one of the best shows of the 90s.

From www.michaelmoore.com :

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

So long as he gets his TV Nation collaborators back. The "Taxi" story that Rusty Cundieff did made me split my sides.

Instead, though, we'll probably get more "Crackers, The Corporate Crime Chicken". Funny once, but I liked the weeks with Yuri, the former KGB spy, more (and the one where they hired Yuri was another classic).

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Great stuff, I hope he's given a license to kill per-say. I hope Showtime pairs it with Penn & Teller (if they are indeed the benefactor)

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Not to mention its disturbing implications.

Excellent, excellent series. I hope it does return in its unfettered glory. (It's hard to believe that NBC was once ever so bold.)

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Um, I wasn't saying that Moore and Cundeiff lying... I was just saying that it showed Moore's tendency to distort for comedic/dramatic effect - successfully, in this case.

8. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

If anybody has ever seen the book Moore wrote about the making of TV Nation, it's well worth a read. I've seen it in the budget bin/closeout type of bookstores you'll find in outlet malls, and it brings back a lot of fun memories about some of the best segments, not to mention the awesome polls

9. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

I enjoyed TV Nation, but Moore's credibility with me has taken some big hits. Other then the taxi situation, NBC was sued over a TV Nation segment where Moore claimed an industrial corporation was severely polluting a small Texas town.

Moore's defense? He claimed TV Nation was an entertainment program, not a news program. Thus, it's stories were not to be taken as truth. I remember later reading that NBC settled out of court with corporation.

10. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I myself can't stand Micheal Mooreon. And yes he is an entertainer with strong delusions more than a journalist.

11. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter

Here we go with the MM bashing again. My advice? If you don't like him, don't watch him. You know what you're in for when you tune in. That's why I don't watch Fox "News".

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

13. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

There are, and always report such posts in private to the administration. If anyone cares to bash or praise Michael Moore as a filmmaker/documentarian/TV commentator/gadfly/speaker-of-the-truth, do so in the still-active Bowling for Columbine thread in Movies.