What's new

TV Movies or Mini-Series You'd Like See on DVD (1 Viewer)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
It's a shame that tv movies and miniseries are being ignored by the studios. The only ones that I can think of that have seen the light of day are Nightstalker/Nightstrangler, Dracula(Jack Palance) and Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde(Jack Palance). These are some I'd like to see.

Cat Creature
The Norliss Tapes
Curse of the Black Widow
Gargoyles
Perry Mason movies
The Bastard
Condominium

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
If "Made For Cable" movies count - then I would like to see Showtime's Psycho: The Beginning find it's way to DVD. This 4th film (a prequel or sorts) was my favorite "Psycho" movie, next to the original (of course).

For those who haven't seen it, It takes place in modern day where Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) is a happily married husband with an urge to kill. He calls a radio psychiatrist to help talk him out of it and he recants his life story, beginning with his tortured childhood. Teenaged Norman was played Henry Thomas (Elliot from E.T.). Fun for the whole family, LOL.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Some TV movies, even good ones, have made it to bargain label DVD releases where the quality isn't good but at least for now it's better than nothing. The wonderful 1982 "Rehearsal For Murder" comes to mind (fantastic Levinson-Link murder mystery with Robert Preston, Lynn Redgrave, Jeff Goldblum etc.)

Those that I'd like to see that don't even have that kind of release:

Backstairs At The White House (1979-This miniseries has basically been suppressed from existence since it's second airing on NBC)

A.D. (1985-12 hour miniseries that serves as a follow-up of sorts to "Jesus Of Nazareth")

The Doomsday Flight (1966-Excellent Rod Serling scripted movie where Jack Lord tunes up for "Hawaii 5-O" as an FBI agent tracking down Edmond O'Brien who's planted a bomb aboard a 707 flight)

The Man (1972-James Earl Jones in the title role of the first black President. Excellent Jerry Goldsmith score)

Raid On Entebbe (1976. I've never seen this, but I've heard it was a lot better than "Victory At Entebbe", done at the same time which I have seen)

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
I want the TNT Bible movie of "Joseph" on dvd. Paul Mercurio was insanely gorgeous, and the finale makes me cry every time I watch it--what more can a girl ask for in a tv-movie?;)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I think I have about a dozen TV movies - but it all depends on what you like, of course. I'd like to see these.

Benard & the Genie
Carly's Web
Doomsday Gun
Flame Trees of Thika (mini-series)
Freaky Friday
The Girl, the Gold Watch, & Everything
Hero at Large
If You Could See What I Hear
Leave Yesterday Behind
My Date With the President's Daughter
Noah
Not Quite Human
Parent Trap II
Parent Trap III
Parent Trap Hawaiian Honeymoon
Prime Risk
Wedding Day Blues
Young Again

I hope at least some of these will be released soon!

Glenn

MattHR

Screenwriter
GARGOYLES was available. I have it and it's a great transfer. Similar to THE NIGHT STALKER.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann

Besides the already mentioned Norliss Tapes (1973), Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, also 1973 (Warner Bros.?).

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I need Daughter of the Mind, Crowhaven Farm, and Sole Survivor. All early examples of the movie-of-the-week genre that can still creep me out.

How about the entire Gene Roddenberry pilots catalogue - Questor Tapes, Earth II, Spectre, etc.? I'd love to see those in a boxed set - I'd buy it on release day, no hesitation.

Rehearsal for Murder is out? Cool, I'll have to check that out. I noticed Hands of a Murderer is now out on DVD - that was another made-for-tv movie.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Besides the Roots followups: Roots: The Next Generations, Roots: The Gift, and Queen........

I want the Irwin Allen production of Alice in Wonderland presented in its original two parts. Pronto!! This is the most faithful cinematic adaptation of Lewis Carroll's double classic yet. That Jabberwocky scared the crap out of me!

Also:

The Dreamer of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story
Poor Little Rich Girl: The Story of Barbara Hutton
Rich Man, Poor Man Books One and Two

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Here are some of the TV movies or tv shows that I would like released on DVD.

- Elvis (1979) The tv movie starring Kurt Russell Directed by John Carpenter.

Someone's Watching Me (1978)
This is another of John Carpenter's TV movies that I would like to be released on dvd.

The Jayne Mansfield Story (1980)
This is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love this tv movie starring Loni Anderson and Arnold Schwarzenegger. This needs to be on dvd.

Something Evil (1972)
With the emminent release of Duel this movie should also be released on dvd to cash in on the Speilberg craze. That and it is also a really good TV movie!:D

The Possessed (1976)
Here is a great Harrison Ford tv movie that needs to be on dvd.

Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
I guess that this is just wishful thinking. This will never be released ever:frowning:

Amber Waves (1980)
Here is another Kurt Russell tv movie that I would like to see on DVD. "Not the face!":D

Christmas Coal Mine Miracle (1977)
With me being a Kurt Russell fan, I would buy this on dvd!

The Longest Drive (1976) & Captive the Longest Drive 2 (1976)

Deadly Tower (Sniper 1975)
How many tv movies did Kurt Russell Star in anyway?!;)

Search For the Gods (1975)
Well what do you know, another Kurt Russell tv movie!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Julius Ceasar (2002) I enjoyed this miniseries and would like to see it on dvd!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Those Ewok Movies and the Christmas Spec
There was a movie about super heroes with Crystal Benard, cheesy, but I liked it
Disney Made For TV Movies with Harry Anderson as The Absent Minded Prof
TV Movie Spirit
DisneyMr Boogedy
Disney I-Man
Disney BRAT Patrol
Nick Fury Agent of Shield
2 Captain America films
Generation X
Dr. Strange
Dr. Who on Fox
Disney Not Quite Human series

Beau

Supporting Actor
The MacGyver movies Lost Treasure of Atlantis and Trail to Doomsday. They were made a couple years after the series ended, and hopefully whenever the series comes out on DVD(hopefully it's not too far away) they'll also release the 2 tv-movies, which I think were on par with the first few seasons of the series. I'd love the see really good A/V quality because the VHS copies of them I have aren't too great.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I would love to see the following:

A Case of Rape
The Legend of Lizzie Borden
Backstairs at the White House
and Eunice, which, while not really a film, was a 90 minute special done after the end of The Carol Burnett Show, but before Mama's Family, detailing many years in the Higgins family, from Eunice & Ed's first meeting through Mama's funeral. It was great and deserves to be seen again

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
JohnMor, you have exquisite taste in mentioning Elizabeth Montgomery's finest work! I was going to name those two movies ("A Case of Rape" and "The Legend of Lizzie Borden") as well as the three part mini-series "The Awakening Land" also starring Elizabeth Montgomery.

I have never heard of that Eunice show! I would love to see it as I'm a big fan of Mama's Family.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
David*P, it sounds like you have exquisite taste yourself there. Re: Eunice I remember how surprised I was at not only how funny it was (no surprise) but how sad and poignant it got in the last act.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Devil Dog: The Hound From Hell (1978)
The Return of The Six Million Dollar Man & The Bionic Woman (1987)
Bionic Showdown (1989)
Bionic Ever After? (1994)
Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park (1978)
The Incredible Journey of Dr. Meg Laurel (1978)
An Early Frost (1985)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Matt, you just reminded me of a Lindsay Wagner TV movie I would get in a heartbeat:

The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Michael Caine's "Jack the Ripper" and "Jekyll & Hyde."

I read somewhere about a proposed remake of "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark." Perhaps they'll release the original to tie-in with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks