What's new

TV Mini-series Request Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I have the region 1 version (but not R2) and I can say it doesn't seem censored (all of the nudity is pretty much intact, as far as I can tell). Video quality seems perfectly good considering the source material (70s era videotape). Audio quality also seemed perfectly acceptable (again, given the source material).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Beach Boys: An American Family (2000, aired on ABC) -- Come on and get this one out, guys! I'm not sure who owns the rights to this, but it was a really, really good show that was respectful and honest about the intriguing, fun and troubled history of the band. Plus, with the recent success of theatrical films such as Ray and Walk the Line, there might be renewed intrest spurred in this too. As a big Beach Boys fan, I certianly really want to have it.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
For those with interest in R2's, "Rich Man, Poor Man Book II" is being released in the UK on 06/18.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
I'd love to wait it out for an R1, but RMPM Bk 1's been out in the UK since '03 and still no R1 for either miniseries. So, I'm getting the R2 BK II for now.....if only we knew what was on the studio's runways or what they had in pre-production, on the radar, etc. If these 2 get a combined R1 release, I'll double-dip for this one. It's £26.24 ($51.63 US). It's not available in R4, at least not at EZDVD in Australia...darn...lower exchange rates would be nice.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
The 100 Scariest Movie Moments (2004) starring Wes Craven
The Best of Families (1977) starring Victor Garber
British Film Forever (2007) starring Michael Caine
The Challenge (1986) starring John Wood
Disputas aka Catfight (2003) starring Mirta Busnelli
Empire, Inc. (1985) starring Jennifer Dale
Evergreen (1985) starring Joan Allen
Every Woman Knows a Secret (1999) starring Claire Cox
The Fifties (1997) narrated by Edward Herrmann
The Fight Against Slavery (1975) starring Ronald Pickup
The Haunted School (1986) starring Carol Drinkwater
Hollywood (1980) starring James Mason (is this on dvd already, cannot find it?)
Hollywood Women (1994) starring Rhonda Shear
How the West Was Won (1977) starring Eva Marie Saint
Kidnapped (1963) starring Ian Cullen
Marguerite Volant (1996) starring Catherine Sénart (with English subtitles)
Marie Curie (1977) starring Jane Lapotaire
Nancy Astor (1982) starring Victoria Burgoyne
Once An Eagle (1976) starring Sam Elliott
The Price (1985) starring Derek Thompson
The Real CSI (2004) starring Nick Murphey
A Respectable Trade (1998) starring Warren Clarke
The Shiralee (1987) starring Ray Meagher
The Summit (2008) starring Bruce Greenwood
Triple Sensation (2007) starring Dean Armstrong
We, the Accused (1980) starring Ian Holm
The World's Most Photographed (2005) narrated by Neil Pearson

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Pearl- This was an ABC mini series that starred Dennis Weaver, Robert Wagner, and Angie Dickenson. It retells the story of Pearl harbor.

World War III- This one aired on NBC and starred David Soul, Brian Keith, and Rock Hudson. The Russians decide to invade through Alaska.

From Here To Eternity- William Devane, Steve Railsback, and Joe Pantoliano star in this remake of the James Jones novel.

MacArthur- TNT used to air an expaned version of the film that ran 4 hours with commercials.

Midway- There is also an expanded version of this film that has run on a number of networks.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'd like to see Lace and Lace II released on DVD. They were very much in the style of Dynasty.

Charles H

Screenwriter
FRESNO, CHIEFS, SPACE, BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO, and another vote for FROM HERE TO ETERNITY and PEARL.

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
I second that!

They were released in the UK....why not here, considering RMPM was one of the highest-rated mini-series in American TV history?

I normally don't like mini-series...but I loved RMPM! -and I'd love to have it on DVD. (If one had a region-free DVD player, would the UK discs work, since they are also in PAL format instead of NTSC?)

Mobro

Auditioning
Real Name
Maureen
I'm interested in finding the Masterpiece Theater Poldark series from the late 70's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks