What's new

tv in the bathroom (1 Viewer)

Simon Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
hi guys,

has anybody put a tv in the bathroom, i hadn't given it much though, what tv's can you put in there. the wiring is not an issue.

thanks for the help.

My Dad has a coworker that is in his late 60's, he recently remodeled and added on to his house. He has a TV in every room; Kitchen, den, living room, bedrooms (3x) and yes, the bathroom. He has it positioned so he can lay in his corner whirlpool and watch. Um, this really kinda freaks me out cause he cant stay a wake at work for a long (!) my dad says so I cant imagine how much tv he watches before he doses off...seems like an electrical hazard to me, really if you dont have one with a remote ;)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
In a wet environment like that, I'd stick with something like a LCD screen.

1. It should be relatively easy to 'water proof',
2. The power supply is often remoted, so the actual screen only has 12vDC going to it (or something like that.)

In spite of #2, I would still recommend #1, because with the high humidity, you may have a shortened circuit-board life due to condensation and corrosion.

Of course, growing up the way I did, I can't imagine why anyone would want TVs in every room. Or even most rooms. We've got only the one projector in one room (and no tuner, cable, or satalite.)

Leo Kerr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks