1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

tv in the bathroom

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Simon Brooke, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Simon Brooke

Simon Brooke Well-Known Member

hi guys,

has anybody put a tv in the bathroom, i hadn't given it much though, what tv's can you put in there. the wiring is not an issue.

thanks for the help.

2. Hope Barattini

Hope Barattini Well-Known Member

My Dad has a coworker that is in his late 60's, he recently remodeled and added on to his house. He has a TV in every room; Kitchen, den, living room, bedrooms (3x) and yes, the bathroom. He has it positioned so he can lay in his corner whirlpool and watch. Um, this really kinda freaks me out cause he cant stay a wake at work for a long (!) my dad says so I cant imagine how much tv he watches before he doses off...seems like an electrical hazard to me, really if you dont have one with a remote [​IMG]

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Well-Known Member

In a wet environment like that, I'd stick with something like a LCD screen.

1. It should be relatively easy to 'water proof',
    2. The power supply is often remoted, so the actual screen only has 12vDC going to it (or something like that.)

In spite of #2, I would still recommend #1, because with the high humidity, you may have a shortened circuit-board life due to condensation and corrosion.

Of course, growing up the way I did, I can't imagine why anyone would want TVs in every room. Or even most rooms. We've got only the one projector in one room (and no tuner, cable, or satalite.)

Leo Kerr

4. Chet Wilson

Chet Wilson Well-Known Member

Simon,

don't know your layout but I have seen installations of a TV behind the bathroom mirror.

TV goes behind two way mirror. Remote still works and TV virtually disappears when off. rest of mirror is against solid color/wall

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjourna...9399945.htm?1c