1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TV For Use in Areas With Lots of Natural Light and Static Images...on a budget...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Johnal, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Johnal

Johnal Well-Known Member

Johnal
    Hey Folks,
    I'm looking to get my hands on a 42" TV that will be easy to see/watch when placed (wall mounted) in a room with several windows that have plenty of indirect sunlight shining through. Curtains are simply not an option and based on my research that means I've got to get a unit that has at least 500 nits but preferably more to ensure readability. The TV will primarily be used with static images or will rotate between a set of images. Once upon a time burn-in was a huge deal, but I'm not sure if those fears have been dealt with nowadays so I thought it worth mentioning.
    My budget is to be at $815 or lower after taxes and shipping. (I'm in CA, tax rate where I'm at is 7.75%) I know that's really stretching it thin considering I'm being specific to the 42" size and relatively high NIT requirement so suggestions that are close are definitely worth mentioning.
    Other preferences would include a non-obtrusive or minimal bezel. Ideally, there would be no speakers (at least not in the bezel) to allow for more uniformity around all sides.
    So far, the best I've been able to find that meets my own parameters is the Panasonic TH-42LF30U. The price is just too high, unfortunately.
    Planar PS4200
    There seems to be a number of TVs on Amazon that fit the price range (since at least for now I don't pay tax or shipping on Amazon Prime eligible products), but I can't seem to find a NIT/brightness rating. Is there something new I'm missing on how to determine this? See:
    LG 42LM6200
    LG 42LS5700
    Panasonic VIERA TC-L42U5
    Anyway, thanks in advance for any words of advice or suggestions. It's been a while since I've been in the TV market. =)