1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TV box set problem: How can I get a disc replacement?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChrisSA, Apr 2, 2005.

1. ChrisSA

ChrisSA New Member

The 4th disc in my Touched By An Angel Season 1 box set is screwed up. In addition to skipping near the beginning of the first episode on the disc, one of the extras goes totally haywire. After a few minutes, most of the images turn into green blocks. I've never seen anything like this before.

I ordered the set from DeepDiscountDVD.com during the last sale, but I can't imagine them taking it back this late in the game. I looked on the Paramount site for some kind of e-mail address but came up empty. Would Paramount even be willing to send me a new 4th disc or replace my old one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is current info for Paramount or not, but it may be worth a try:

Paramount DVD Consumer Hotline: 323-956-8070

-Scott

3. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

One of my KOJAK discs has some technical glitches with the opening theme and also a brief portion of Act 1 in the episode "Deliver Us Some Evil" guest-starring John Ritter. It's on the 2nd disc. But it's just that episode. The rest on that disc and the other discs are 100% fine. Does anyone else's copy have this problem or is it just mine?

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Well-Known Member

Jeff, I had problems with another episode in the set (and just on my Sony and Mac - the Panasonic player worked fine).

Gord

5. Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F Well-Known Member

What a great excuse for going home and watching your new DVD's RIGHT NOW!! Ya have to make sure that every one of the discs work fine...don't you?[​IMG]

6. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

I only have my Panasonic DVD recorder, Gord, but it is over 2 years old. It still is in excellent condition though.

My roommate has a Quasar DVD player that's even older than my recorder, but I haven't tried that with KOJAK yet.

Bonnie: If I don't want to watch a particular episode of a series that I've seen years before (such as Twlight Zone), but I want to see if the picture is flawless, I can simply scan at 100 X the regular speed. I have good eyes, and obvious video glitches are easy to spot! Of course 30X and 70X speeds require less immediate attention. [​IMG]

7. ScottR

ScottR Well-Known Member

I have a bad TZ disc. The problem is, I already requested a replacement keepcase for one of the discs, only to find that there is a huge scratch/nick on the disc that affects playback.

8. Lutz Koch

Lutz Koch Well-Known Member

I received an X-FILES SEASON 9 box from Amazon.com which contained two copies of disc #4, but unfortunately zero copies of disc #1... It was already too late to return the box when I discovered the problem, and besides, since I'm in Europe it would have been too expensive to return the complete set, anyway.

Does anybody here know whom I might contact at Fox for an exchange? Sending back one of the two #4's would not be a problem, but where should I send it? I already checked the Fox website but couldn't find any answers.

Thanks for any information.

9. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Well-Known Member

1-888-223-2FOX [​IMG]

Gord

10. Tony S

Tony S Well-Known Member

This is a problem that will continue to get worse as people buy sets and have one disc get damaged or lost. All studios need to be persuaded to set up a phone # so that consumers can replace their defective discs. Even if it is the consumer's fault that the disc got damaged, we should be able to purchase a replacement disc rather than having to buy a whole new set. Maybe someone could ask the studios during about this in future chats.