What's new

Tumult has arrived- finally (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Sharp bass? That's a new term for me. I'll leave it up to Richard and Craig to debate that one! ;)

As far as the driver flapping around, 720W barely gets the driver half way to Xmax. One thing's for sure, you'll have super low distortion without the need for any electronic assistance. IIRC, Adire states that even at 28mm excursion distortion is

Richard_M

Second Unit
He guys its early here Monday morning, I have been at work since 6:30am :)

I coined the terminology of sharp as in the "bass has a rapid rise" in amplitude on a lot of sound tracks.

Richard_M

Second Unit
He guys its early here Monday morning, I have been at work since 6:30am :)

I coined the terminology of sharp as in the "bass has a rapid rise" in amplitude on a lot of sound tracks.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Great looking units Richard and I'm sure the performance matches as you say. I'm wondering why you had the Focal and the Tumult built? Are they for two different systems or do you use them both for the same?

Is it to early yet to characterize the differences in the performance of each individual unit also?

Congrats/very nice

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Great looking units Richard and I'm sure the performance matches as you say. I'm wondering why you had the Focal and the Tumult built? Are they for two different systems or do you use them both for the same?

Is it to early yet to characterize the differences in the performance of each individual unit also?

Congrats/very nice

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Man, those must be amazing!

Richard, I was wondering if you could PM me a link to where you bought the enclosures, as I'm looking to change my current Tempest box...thanks!

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Man, those must be amazing!

Richard, I was wondering if you could PM me a link to where you bought the enclosures, as I'm looking to change my current Tempest box...thanks!

Richard_M

Second Unit
Steve

I already had the Focal, it was in a black enclosure, after I finally settled on the colour of the cabinet for the Tumult, I decided to get a matching one done for the Focal.

These two subs make up the 5x I have running for my HT setup.

The Focal is just brilliant for music, I did not want to loose that as 70-80% of my listening is DVD Music, or multichannel DVD-A's.

At this stage I am just clocking up some hours on the Tumult before I do some in-depth performance testing and comparisons to the Focal & M&K's.

I have left both the new cabinets side by side purely for testing purposes, as far as performance gains in my HT setup goes, I am really not able to determine until they get properly positioned.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Steve

I already had the Focal, it was in a black enclosure, after I finally settled on the colour of the cabinet for the Tumult, I decided to get a matching one done for the Focal.

These two subs make up the 5x I have running for my HT setup.

The Focal is just brilliant for music, I did not want to loose that as 70-80% of my listening is DVD Music, or multichannel DVD-A's.

At this stage I am just clocking up some hours on the Tumult before I do some in-depth performance testing and comparisons to the Focal & M&K's.

I have left both the new cabinets side by side purely for testing purposes, as far as performance gains in my HT setup goes, I am really not able to determine until they get properly positioned.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Hi Joe...

The problem is these are built here in Australia, You would probably be better to get some one local to you as the freight for these would be enormous.

I am sure Brian Bunge at Link Removed will be of some assistance.

When I was looking at getting new sub/subs, I priced up the SVS PB2+, and the B4+ and getting them shipped out to Australia.

This option I got both cabinets built, plus the Tumult for much the same as landing 1x PB2+.

Now I realise there are differences in performance and I don't want to start any flame wars, for me it was purely financial and of course getting the great finish, which of course would had added more expense if I had gone with SVS.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Hi Joe...

The problem is these are built here in Australia, You would probably be better to get some one local to you as the freight for these would be enormous.

I am sure Brian Bunge at Link Removed will be of some assistance.

When I was looking at getting new sub/subs, I priced up the SVS PB2+, and the B4+ and getting them shipped out to Australia.

This option I got both cabinets built, plus the Tumult for much the same as landing 1x PB2+.

Now I realise there are differences in performance and I don't want to start any flame wars, for me it was purely financial and of course getting the great finish, which of course would had added more expense if I had gone with SVS.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Ah! Ok now I get it. Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you then. I'll be looking forward to your assessment Richard. Have heard some great things about the Focal drivers lately and of course the Tumult needs no fan-fare respectfully.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Ah! Ok now I get it. Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you then. I'll be looking forward to your assessment Richard. Have heard some great things about the Focal drivers lately and of course the Tumult needs no fan-fare respectfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks