What's new

Tu-hds20, Espnhd Problem! (1 Viewer)

Larry C

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All I am REALLY hoping one of you can hlp me out!!!!!!! A buddy of mine gave me the Panasonic TU-HDS20. I have it hookup directly to my Samsung TXM3098WHF..........

Problem is this.............

I am getting ALL my HD channels except of espnhd......... For some reason when I put on espnhd I get sound but the picture looks like if I have my componet cables installed wrong. I don't I have checked twice besides all other HD channels come in wonderful.

What is causing this? Anyone know? Please help!!!!!!:confused:

THANKS

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
ESPN is broadcast in 720p. How do you have the output of your Panny STB set? If you have it set for "native" that means that it will pass 720p in its native format. I'm not familiar with your Samsung set but there are almost no HDTVs outside of front projectors that handle 720p natively. You should switch your Panny STB to 1080i. It's on the front panel of the unit itself.

Hope this helps.

Larry C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I did get it to work!!!!! I did not know that ESPN broadcasted in 720p......

Yes I did switch it from Native to Hybrid which converts 720p to 1080i.

THANKS DAVID!!!!!;)

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
You're quite welcome. HDTV can be very tricky when you're first starting out. Glad you got it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks