What's new

True-Life Adventures - Color Issue on "Prowler of the Everglades" (1 Viewer)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I received a replacement disc for True-Life Adventures, Volume 1 - Disc 1 today and Prowler of the Everglades IS corrected.

I did not send in my original or anything, though an enclosed letter asked me to (and I will). You can see the corrected screenshot here.

On the backside of the inner ring of the original (defective) disc, it reads:

310037 L0 (L4422) TLA-ON-NM1.1 01

The corrected disc reads:

(318536) TLA-ON-NM1.2 2

Zack

Jay*W

Second Unit
Got mine yesterday too (and the replacement disc for Volume 4/Disc 1). Very impressive service by Disney. They included a prepaid adhesive return label that I used to mail the old discs in today. Be aware before disposing of the shipping envelope that the return label could be easily missed if your don't look carefully.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
You might want to consider calling them for that Volume 4 disk. I received both my disks in the same package.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I sent them my email on Tuesday night and got my replacement disc today. Great service, if you ask me!

Thank you Disney, for fixing this so quickly and painlessly.

And thanks to HTF for all the info on replacing the disc.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Got mine yesterday. Thanks again, Disney! I take back some of the things I said about you. I'll take back some more when we get the planned replacement of the More Silly Symphonies.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
Since I posted regarding my initial call (higher up on this page), I'll also report that I received my corrected copy last week. Very nice of Disney to just send the disc and trust me to send the defective one back.

David

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the new sets being sold now still have this problem?

Also, do the 4 sets that are out include all of the TLA series, or are there more to be released?

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Can't speak to whether new product includes the corrected disks, but all of the True Life Adventures are included in these 4 sets. No more are expected.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I got this set a week or so ago from DeepDiscount, and it looks like my version of Prowler is the bad one. Of course I don't know how long they had that copy in stock, so it's possible Disney is shipping some corrected sets by now.

It was hard to tell watching it, since some of it is set in a foggy swamp, so colors might look off anyway... and some parts looked OK, but I remember some scenes where the water looked more red than blue as shown in this thread, more like the Ten Commandments than a nature film.

If not for this thread, I would have just thought old film, washed out colors, or maybe some original elements are missing, and this is the best they could restore it.

Swapping my cables would involve moving too much heavy stuff, so I'll take your word for it.

Haven't watched the entire disc, just one other film, which looked fine.

David*W

Agent
The easiest way to tell if you have a bad copy is to look at the RKO title at the beginning of the film. It should be blue. If it is blue, it's fine. If it's red then you need a replacement.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
Or check the number on the inner ring of the disc as described in post 41 of this thread.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I recently bought True Life Adventures Volume 1 (yes, believe it or not I found a supplier who still has this at the regular price!) but found that Prowlers of the Everglades had the incorrect coloring. I emailed Disney and, although I am in the UK, they mailed me the correct disc which arrived within a few days and they did not ask for me to return my incorrect disc. Wonderful service from Disney!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Douglas, is that retailer in the UK or US? If it's the US, could you hook a brother up? I was able to get the other three but missed the first one.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Volumes 2 and 3 and 4 of the Walt Disney Legacy Collection: True Life Adventures are currently available on the Disney Movie Club website for $25 each, unless you're a member or you're buying on one of the discounts, in which case it can be had for half the price.

I just now searched movietime.com in the UK for volume 1 which I don't have, but alas, only volume 2 shows up.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Doug- a belated thanks for the info.
Looks like this will remain a hole in my collection for a while.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Found a copy of Volume 1 at the local Best Buy. It was buried under other TLA volumes, which I quickly picked up also. Glad this thread came up recently or I'd never known about these.

Bradskey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Davis
I bought Vol 1 (and the others) over a year and a half ago and when I emailed Disney (a couple of times) about the replacement disc but they never replied. So I just extracted my own digital copy of Prowlers, switched the red and blue channels myself, and now it looks perfect to me.

Bradskey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Davis
I bought Vol 1 (and the others) over a year and a half ago and when I emailed Disney (a couple of times) about the replacement disc but they never replied. So I just extracted my own digital copy of Prowlers, switched the red and blue channels myself, and now it looks perfect to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks