What's new

True Blood: Season Two (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Last 2 episodes were very good. Both flew by.

Oh BTW, Season3 just go the go ahead.

Edited by JonZ - 8/3/2009 at 04:16 pm GMT

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Problem with selling food as a collectors item is that you're asking people to store something that will go bad, like really bad. So someone gets to empty those bottles at sometime. Blech.

Last night's ep was interesting. I had figured the one guy was the traitor from early on. Now we get to see if Jason frees Sookie or if he's dead. I have a belief he's just been tranquilizered.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I know that mentioning this puts me irretrievably into geek fan-boy territory, but, the stars just became engaged. My concern is purely, “don’t screw up my show”.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
True Blood has become HBO's biggest ratings hit since The Sopranos. I love the show but I do wonder how it's doing so good (even taking into account that the numbers for an HBO hit are way less than a network show) and how 'normal' people are able to handle some of the show's more graphic content. I mean in the last three or four episodes, there's been multiple orgies, people having a heart fed to them, attempted human sacrifice, vampires having sex covered in their victims' blood- all that seems way beyond what the average viewer wants to see.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm enjoying this season, but definitely not as much as the first. I think my biggest problem with this season is I have no interest whatsoever in the Maryanne story line. That just seems way out there and not necessary at all. Hopefully it somehow ties into something worthwhile.

I like that Eric has had a much more prominent role this season. Isn't it a bit hypocritical of him to tell Jason he can't take anymore 'V', when he and his "people" are constantly feeding on humans?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

True Blood has become HBO's biggest ratings hit since The Sopranos. I love the show but I do wonder how it's doing so good (even taking into account that the numbers for an HBO hit are way less than a network show) and how 'normal' people are able to handle some of the show's more graphic content. I mean in the last three or four episodes, there's been multiple orgies, people having a heart fed to them, attempted human sacrifice, vampires having sex covered in their victims' blood- all that seems way beyond what the average viewer wants to see.
Probably just a different group of people. The sopranos seemed to be male dominated audience, in that I don't know any women that were die hard fans for all 6 seasons. However, I know plenty of women that enjoy True Blood and watch it every week.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

Probably just a different group of people. The sopranos seemed to be male dominated audience, in that I don't know any women that were die hard fans for all 6 seasons. However, I know plenty of women that enjoy True Blood and watch it every week.
Yeah, I'm the only male that I know (in the 'real world') that likes the show. Of course, my buddy does enjoy a heads up when Anna Paquin is naked so he can check those episodes out.

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk ">[/url]

[/QUOTE]There are exceptions to that rule, I think my wife enjoyed The Sopranos as much as me for the entire series run and I was the one who had to get her into True Blood. My male co-workers and I discuss TB every week and another guy bought S1 and is now catching up on S2 via on demand from our discussions.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]ScottH[/b] [url=/forum/thread/288967/true-blood-season-two/90#post_3595192]

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mylan

The Maryanne storyline does seem to bog the story down, I know there is going to be a payoff, I just can't see it.
It seems like Sookie, Bill, Eric and Jason will be heading back to Bon Temps soon so I'd expect that them thwarting Maryann's plans will be the storyline for the last 1/3 of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks