What's new

True Blood Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Relieved that the whole Bill plot to (originally) procure Sookie was revealed by Eric. That question needed to be settled one way or the other. Bill turning out to be self-deluded -- always professing how he's not like other vampires, but being every bit as devious as every other vampire -- was interesting. I'll be ok with Sookie being single next year if that's the way it goes.

Relieved that Eric survived. I thought he would, but I was still grateful the reveal came in this episode and not later. Eric's back was on the dirt (unlike the King, whose back was on concrete), so he had a chance to dig his way out (even if they credited his assistant Pam for rescuing him). I feel bad that Eric would not listen to Godric though.

Eric can redeem himself through actions. Bill can only profess that he really truly loves Sookie, and beg her for redemption from his lies. Advantage to Eric. Eric seems the more noble character at the moment, because Bill might really be deluded about himself. Eric has no illusions about himself -- he knows he is good even when he shouts that he is bad.

About Jason and the love of his life, I believe that Jason knows that she will only come back to him if he stands up and leads those inbreds. That said, if I were him I'd just get them on food stamps real quick. Assuming food stamps are something that can be given in perpetuity, without any proof of having been employed before, and without proof of looking for work. Crystal will be back. She loves him too much not to come back.

I don't believe the Queen and Bill will fight to a death. She can easily fend off Bill's attacks, and yet she won't kill him on the speculation that she might need him to tell her where Sookie is. Not that either of them know she's vanished, but, just the natural speculation that Bill might be hiding her.

I'm hopeful that Lafayette will be able to save the day on Reba McEntyre... I mean Arlene... once he learns to use his psychic ability more clearly. Still worried for Lafayette, but less so.

Not worried for Jessica anymore. It seems clear the writers enjoy having us worry she'll be killed more than they enjoy actually killing her. If anything, Hoyt is at risk from a bad shot.

If this were the end of the series, I'd be satisfied that it was an interesting series.

I think I'll probably read the first Charlaine Harris book now.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and as for nice-guy Sam, who turns out to be nice-guy-who-is-able-to-go-too-far, I've always liked his character but he's so far out of that character now that I would have been fine with his bar burning down and him leaving town.

Sam and Tara seem to have run their course. The show needs new characters like that woman at the end (who Sookie goes with) to create new stories and new adventures for the show.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Originally Posted by Jeremiah

^^^^^

Jason ... risks his life for her and now will lead the pack of inbreads?

Would have been funny if they'd worked a Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome reference into it.

I'm not clear on if the entire town are cat people or not. Are they? The father went on about the blood-line a lot, as if he were protecting a magical blood-line... But it wasn't clear.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JonZ

I hope Summer makes a few more appearances.

If, say, Hoyt's mom accidentally shoots Hoyt and Jessica goes batshit on them, Jessica is sure to turn Summer just to make her into her (Summer's) worst nightmare. Jessica is cunning enough to do that. Still, the last thing the world needs is an insane, doll-loving pip-squeek of a vampiress.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
People seemed to dislike the Tara and Sam stories this year but I liked their's alot more than Jason's story. I find Jason to be very funny but that was his one saving grace this season. In all fairness to the writers, it must be hard finding something for the human characters to do but in previous seasons they tied Jason into Sookie's storyline and that was alot more interesting than having him become king of the inbred meth manufacturers.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard

Originally Posted by Will_B

Still, the last thing the world needs is an insane, doll-loving pip-squeek of a vampiress.

gee sounds like Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. LOL

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

Tara's storyline was disjointed. But Jason's just didn't follow any reasonable path at all.

Well there was a conceptual path. At the start of the season, Jason wanted to be a big man, which to him meant he'd be a cop, an ego-aggrandizing position. By the end of the season he'd realized that to be a big man, in reality, meant caring for others. Sure, it came about rather incidentally, but, that appears to have been the character arc for him this season.

I also enjoy the character of Crystal, and hope that she'll be a bigger part of season four. She needs to keep expanding, like Jessica was until recently.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Will_B

Well there was a conceptual path. At the start of the season, Jason wanted to be a big man, which to him meant he'd be a cop, an ego-aggrandizing position. By the end of the season he'd realized that to be a big man, in reality, meant caring for others. Sure, it came about rather incidentally, but, that appears to have been the character arc for him this season.

I also enjoy the character of Crystal, and hope that she'll be a bigger part of season four. She needs to keep expanding, like Jessica was until recently.

Yes, but what in the end really went on? I mean, he gets all strung out about a cheating QB.. and that story goes..... nowhere.

He beds a were-panther, and what?

He shoots a guy, has serious trouble with it, then that story kind of stops and he's all deciding being a cop fixes his panic attacks, etc.

I don't know, I thought his storyline was just a mess

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Originally Posted by mattCR

Yes, but what in the end really went on? I mean, he gets all strung out about a cheating QB.. and that story goes..... nowhere.

He beds a were-panther, and what?

I'll assume those are resolved in season 4. If not, then yeah that would be weird.

mike7184

Auditioning
Real Name
mike hussy
well the start of season 3 of true blood was really good but in the middle it went low but towards end it again came back strongly so i can say it was a good season. When you have so much characters then it tend to happen so no complaints and waiting for its next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks