What's new

True Blood on HBO (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Does anyone know when this series will start telecasting? I've been reading the books by Charlaine Harris and have enjoyed them all.

For those not familiar with these books, they are about a young southern waitress named Sookie Stackhouse who can read minds, except for vampires. Reading minds has been a burden for Sookie and she finds the blank book that vampires are to her, very attractive.

Oh, I almost forgot. An artificial blood, True Blood, has been invented, which means vampires don't have to kill people anymore and they have come out of the closet, gone public.

If anyone is interested in reading the novels, read them in order, start with "Dead Until Dark."

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I think it starts in September. A must watch for me.

josephmckinney

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph McKinney
Can't wait for September!

Alan Ball + HBO = Yet another hit!! Six Feet Under was a great show!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw the pilot and didnt like it at all.

I'll tune in for the obvious reason though
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw it on quizpoints. After you take the quiz it gave a list of prizes and one of them said "HBO Vampire Series Pilot". I dont remember where I found out it was available there.

There are no story spoilers here, but I put my comments in spoilers tags....

I really didnt like it. I realize its the pilot and were just being introduced to the characters, but I found them to be dull and uninteresting. Nothing interesting done with the cinematography (for a story that should have oozed atmosphere and mood) and the story dragged. One hour felt like 3 hours. The vampires were pathetic(no sense/aura of power). I understand the idea of making them more like everyday people, but they are supernatural creatures and they came off here as very weak. As Ive mentioned elsewhere, the pilot also had the most unintentially funny sex scene Ive ever seen.

I actually was suprised Alan Ball was involved with this. Ive enjoyed some bmovie vampire flicks more. My main issue is with the way the vampires are portrayed.

Theres plenty of time to fix things up as I saw it months ago.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Anna Paquin+Vampyres+Louisiana = Calling DirecTV and telling them to turn HBO back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks